It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So after abusing 20 to 25 Norco's per day for the past year I finally admitted to myself and family
that I truly have a problem. I visited a doctor in my area this afternoon who prescribed me 8 mg tablets of Suboxone. I saw him about 20 hours since my last Norco so I was feeling pretty horrible when I arrived. He gave me an 8 mg dose and within minutes I started feeling better. I REALLY want to stop my downward spiral and I'm feeling good about my decision to seek help!!!

I have a beautiful 7 year old daughter and lovely wife who have stood by me the entire time and I truly owe it to them to get better...

I look forward to visiting this wonderful forum on a daily basis!!

SM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello Smaze,

Welcome! This forum has helped me in so many ways, it is so great to go somewhere and know that there are peopleout there who are going through or have gone through the same things as us. I come here everyday and some days a few times a day and really feel at home. There is a online meeting on mondasy's at 9pm and I have found them very helpful, check it out if you ever have some free time. Also feel free to ask any questions, concerns, or to just vent here their are many people here who have a great deal of knowledge about suboxone and are very willing to help!

You made the right decision, suboxone has changed my life. I also have two children ages 10 and 7 and they are my whole world. I know by changing my lifestyle I am helping their future in so many ways. I was headed for death and dragging them right down with me. I am slowly building up the reckage I have caused and believe that things are begining to change, and without the help of suboxone I don't believe I would be able to get out of this hole I dug. It is great that you have a great support network begining this process!

I wish you the best of luck on your first day of remission! Let us know how your doing!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi smaze, welcome to the forum, and congrats on your decision to get your life back. I hope you find as much help and support here as I have. See you around the forum.

-Jack Kornfield

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Way to go! I love hearing about people taking their lives back from opiate addiction. You have done a wonderful thing not only for yourself, but also for your family. Thanks for joining up and sharing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks guys!! I'm on day 3 and it's been rough but I'm GOING to make it this time!! Tell me, does it get easier as the days progress? Although I feel ok, I still feel a bit "off" and not myself. Thanks for the feedback and thanks for being there!! Also, when I put the tablet under my tongue I get a lot of saliva and I end up swallowing a lot...is this ok?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes, it's ok to swallow it, but if you find yourself getting headaches, you may want to keep it in your mouth a little longer, then spit it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi smaze and welcome. It's normal to feel kind of "off" the first few days of sub treatment. It should pass in a few days. With regard to taking your sub, are you talking about swallowing the spit that builds up or part of the pill? So try to keep it under your tongue until it dissolves. You also might want to check out the thread "how do you take your suboxone" - it might be helpful to you.

Good luck and again, welcome.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi! Yes, swallowing the spit, not chunks of the pill. I have been letting the pill dissolve completely but I have been
swallowing some of the spit. It does give me headaches yes!!

S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Like Junkie said, try spitting it out. Some people have reported that this relieves their headaches. It's thought that some people might be sensitive to the the naloxone in the suboxone, although it is not active when taken sublingually. Let us know if this works for you!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

OK...I will try that in the morning. I must say that I really look forward to getting on this forum when I get home from work. I'm so thankful for y'all being here!!!

SM