It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: well, here it goes...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

sorry in advance for any grammar errors or spelling errors... it has taken me awhile (reading post after post, surfing site after site) to finally gain the confidence to actually post this... i have sent pm's to the suboxdoc and other moderators on the site, and have received very good feedback.. however, i want to hear what you all have to say.. anyways.. Hi im tim :) and this is my story... it was during high school that i discovered the magically gray world of perscriptions, of course then the hydrocodone made me feel great and on top of the world.. i sold pills here and there, along with weed to my friends and class mates, i got the pills from friends and relatives for free or for almost free, and me and my buddy had a sweet grow house since 9th grade.... well i dont want to say i was addicted at the time so i dont usually include all of this when i talk to others of this, but idk i feel compelled to... i feel i was becoming addicted to not being sober, if that makes sense.... well as i was saying from 9th to the beginning of 12th grade i had tried mushrooms, xtacy, Ketamine, coke, and of course weed... but nothing stuck really... i continued to hop from drug to drug until the end of that year.... after rolling my last time on grad nite i hooked up with some new ppl at a party.... they were just hangin in back drinkin and cuttin up lines... this got mine and my friends attention and we headed back.... it was oxycontin... and after doing my first few lines of it i knew i had found my drug of choice... after that i met up with all those guys again, became better friends with them, pushed myself deeper into their trust... at first i got oxy for 40$ for an 80.... after i had established my connections i was getting them for 25 a pop... since they easily sell for 40-50 i was back in pushing.... i began heavily using aswell... everything seemed alright and addiction was a distant reality i had yet to face... however not but 3 months after i was selling my dealer was charged for rape, his gf was under aged and i dnt rlly kno the whole story but this is what iv heard through people and the members of his family, that when the police came to confront this 19 year old kid with charges of rape they forced their way into his house ran upstairs and he pulled a gun, he was shot and killed.... he was actually an acquaintance from elementary school, and we became good friends up to this point so this hit me really hard... and he was my only connection.... after a day of not having oxy i couldnt believe the results of my wd's... it did not occur 2 me that oc was so close to H... well anyways it didnt take me long to find my new connect... the 1 who i still talk to.... he hooked me up with an oc to help with wd's witch was amazing at the time, i smoke my oc and h btw (stupid i know but plz dont judge, im sure plenty of misguided teens have turned to this) he then told me about the other "things" he sells and asked if i was interested... he said its stronger and cheaper than oc... so i agreed... i graduated in june of 2008... i just turned 20.... iv been addicted to H for about a year and a half.... i spent all my earnings from pushing a long time ago, and have been getting about a gram of pretty good tar for 50$ a bag... i could sell it, but refused not to... i was going to a jr college and had a part time job doing maintenance on buildings in LA... now im broke, havnt talked to my parents in awhile due to drug conflicts, and i am barely keeping up with my job... i havnt gotten any cash advances, unlike my brother, so im not in debt... i was thrown into wd's a few times and got $ through any way i could, recycling, pawning, and pan handling... after talking to my buddy, a guy who recently "kicked", i felt like i had a way out.. he told me of a magic pill called suboxone.. i asked if he had any or knew where to get any... he didnt... i called pretty much every script / opiate dealer i knew lookin for these fabled beans... and i finnally stummbled upon sum 1 who had sum... turned out to b an old buddy, he told me hes trying 2 quit and got a script for himself and his gf... they both hooked me up with about 40 2mg pills... this i planned to split between me, my gf, my best friend, and my brother...... 10 each all with different tolerances.... none of us have $ or enough courage to go to a dr... i saw alot of posts such as chris' my taper story... and i cant really say why i dont just go to a dr or psychiatrist... i rlly dont... im scared of it going down on my record, my parents finding out sum how, my gfs parents finding out, and just the overall outcome of the visit... so this is why we have decided to medicate ourselves... me and kat, my gf, started out day 1 with taking 1 2mg in the mourning after about 13 hours w/o using.... it curbed the w/d's just as the dealers said it would! even more than that in fact... i had no cravings for most of the day, it really opened a ray of light over my life... however i was urged to get another "thing" for some kind of last hurrah... then i used wat money i had left afterwards to get sum more subs off the street, i get them for 4$ apeice and sumtimes 2 for 5$ incase anyone was wondering... that was the other day.... weve now started a whole new cycle and are on day 3.... iv been taking 2 1/2 subs a day, so roughly 3mgs? , spread throughout the day taken as needed.... today, day 3, i only took my morning sub to get me going, that was at about 7:20am, and its now 9:06 and aside from wishing to inhale, i feel no phisical dependency... im getting slight shivers here and there but its a lil chilly in the house :P so idk... subs are amazing... this site is really a great site to, and i believe its as much a godsend as the subox itself... ty so much, all of you for posting and supporting your fellow man.... it means alot to come on here and read so many similar situations to that of my own... ty for taking the time to read this... sorry its a bit long, had a lot to say... plz if u have criticism or w/e save it unless you think it will actually help steer me tword recovery.... i understand that subs should prolly be taken as long as you feel like you may have any sort of cravings, but since i do not have a script, this is the way i have chosen... thanks again <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:54 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i also forgot to mention that i have a limited # of subs at my disposal... and we are trying 2 ration them... sorry feel free to pm or email me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:58 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Tim,
I got your PM and was going to reply but was hoping that you would post here so others could help you as well..
First, Welcome to the Forum. It takes some will power to tell other people about YOUR addiction (Even On-line) and you have done that quite well.. What I mean by my subject line is: Don't be to concerned about others finding out about your addiction. IMHO the most important thing is that you admit it to yourself and proceed to get HELP witch you have started to do by reaching out to other addicts in hopes they can "steer me toward recovery"!!!! Now the stuff you probably don't want to hear.... You need to get into see a Dr. some how.. The Suboxone that you have acquired is only a Band-aid in your effort to get Clean. You need a medical professional to help you with the other parts of Recovery.... i.e. Getting into some counseling and therapy, Having the ability to get you medication on a regular basis, making sure you don't have any other medical issues going on, etc. ... I know you are trying to get Everyone out of this HELL together But, I think everyone has to do this themselves. You can certainly be supportive of each other But, You trying to get everyone healthy at once is going to jeopardize your own Recovery!!!! Well I have rambled long enough. Thanks again for sharing you story and Please keep posting so we can see your progress. Feel free to PM me if you like But the folks out here are very caring and are aware of what you are going thru.... Take Care of Yourself and Keep in touch. :)

God Bless
TW

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Tim and welcome! I'm glad the forum has been such a good resource for you. Thanks for sharing your story with us. You've been through a lot for your young age. I'm glad you chose recovery over continued active addiction.

I know you said you don't want to do this through a doctor, but I believe it is the best way to go. You're saving a lot of money that you used to spend on drugs that you can use towards paying for a doctor and a legal script. I also think for you to have the very best chance at long-term recovery/remission you need to totally immerse yourself in it - rather than hiding it from your family. I know it's difficult to come out of the closet, so to speak, and there are so many feelings wrapped up with being an addict - shame being a big one. Your family can support you in this and a doctor can make sure you're getting the proper medical care. Being on suboxone longer than a couple of weeks will also give you the best chance at long-term recovery. Suboxone doesn't cure addiction, it removes the withdrawals and the cravings thus giving you the time to work on a healthy recovery plan. Such a plan includes the support of family and friends, support groups/meetings, online forums such as this one, and/or therapy/counseling. Skipping that part places you at high risk of relapse. And relapse to an addict means risk of death.

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I would be remiss if I didn't give you my honest opinion. All that said, please know I am NOT a medical doctor or any kind of medical professional; just an informed addict in remission who wants to support you in the best way possible.

Please consider what I've said, talk about it here - that's what we're here for.

Best of luck and please keep us posted.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Tim! Welcome to the forum! I have to agree that I not only think suboxone is amazing, but that this forum is a godsend!

I am glad you found suboxone and had a good experience with it so far. I don't have "criticism" but I do have a couple concerns and a little advice maybe. This is all from personal experience with suboxone and what I have seen here on the forum from others.

First is that suboxone will cause you to become dependent and I just want to be sure you know that so you aren't surprised if/when you hit withdrawal when you run out. You mentioned a limited supply so I am assuming it is possible you could run out unexpectedly. It isn't the same as being "addicted" but you will be dependent on it.

Second is that if you really want to leave addiction behind you and you really want to move on with your life, then more likely than not, based on the length you were addicted to opitates and your age, you probably do want to consider what it might mean to stay on suboxone for a longer time frame such as 6 months to several years.

Since that is the case, at some point, you will need to go to a doctor to get the suboxone. Most of us here aren't great fans of people buying it on the street for a variety of reasons but the two primary are that it puts the drug itself at risk and therefore the rest of us at risk of the government further restricting it. The second reason is that you put YOU at risk because if you run out and start taking opiates again, you will have to take a much greater amount. You will increase your tolerance to them. You are likely to quickly spiral downward and further into your addiction and jeopardize the efficacy of the suboxone. i.e. it is like playing with fire. People who do this come to see suboxone as a tool to avoid withdrawal instead of a tool for recovery. Right now you take sub and it sounds like you can all the sudden see what is possible with your life. If you play around with suboxone and opiates, you will only see suboxone as a tool to continue using and then what options will you have left for recovery? Cold Turkey and the 12-steps. Not nearly as easy as suboxone!

With that being said, I would recommend finding a suboxone doctor. I know you are concerned about money, but there is a suboxone assistance program if you google the main suboxone web site which I think is just www.suboxone.com or something like that (not hard to find). You could certainly pawn a few things to come up with the cash to do the first appointment if you have to. Maybe you could borrow the money and then take on a second part time job to cover the cost until you figure out something better. I know you said your job was shaky but if you stabilize on suboxone you should be able to work regularly and without problem. If you have medical insurance it will cover some of it (usually) and there are even some doctors who are preferred providers for suboxone. If you go to www.suboxone-directory.com you can look for a list of suboxone providers and start calling to check out the cost at least and then decide what you need to do in terms of finances. You might have your GF and brother? do the same for themselves. Make a day of it and do the research at least. Don't procrastinate on this which is easy to do when you feel ok.

I hope you don't take this as criticism because I really think you are doing the best you can with what you've got right now. I am just trying to give you a little more information so that maybe you can do even better. I care and want you to succeed!

Take care!
Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello tim!

I am also new here and am very thankful to have found this website. It sounds as if you are really scared of doctors but if you find one who has experience with addiction they will more than understand your problems. They will set you on the right path. Most times than not they really want to help. In the beginning I lied to my doctor but he stood by me and later let me know that as long as I was honest with him he would always help me. Boy has he!! Someone else has already mentioned this but please don't use suboxone as a back up plan as I did at first. It only prolonged my problems. Also what are you going to do when you cant get any subs on the street? Do they have like a community services board where you are? They provide addiction treatment services for people with low or no income. That's how I first found out about sub until I found out I could get it through my psychiatrist doc. Well I hope things work out for you. I wish you the best of luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Roby brought up a great point. Your local community mental healthy agency should have a sub abuse program that might be able to assist you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:30 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Welcome Tim!

Please post a reply so we know if you are still with us!

Everyone here understands fear - and I am proud of you for taking that first step. Owning up to your addiction. Good on you.

Let us know if you are still with us, and how you are doing. You sound smart enough to research suboxone. Hopefully, you have read enough to know a couple things. 1- suboxone is LOOOOONG lasting. The half life is 37 hours (versus around 4 for OC). 2- Suboxone is stronger at the opiate receptor than OC or heroin. So messing around with suboxone is difficult. Anything is possible, but you will likely feel like you are throwing your $$ away.

Again, please let us know if you are still with us. We are here to bounce ideas off of.

Best! --LD

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:03 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hey Tim...welcome to the forum!! BTW...I love your name....sucks that the show is ending, but I can't say that I've watched it regularly in several years.....but, it rarely disappoints.

It's always great to hear about another addict who has recognized the dangers of their disease, and is taking steps to get sober. And,from what you have said, it sounds like you are trying to get your life back. It takes a lot of courage to tell your story, and that is a big step in recovery. I really hope that you are able to use this momentum to keep moving forward, and take the next steps (whether that is therapy, meetings, rehab, or medication).

Like the others, I am concerned about the way you are obtaining sub. One thing that I have learned over the past months is that addiction has very little to do with taking a substance. I mean, there are cancer patients out there that take an incredible amount of opiates on a daily basis just to survive, but no one would consider them addicts, right? Addiction is really about the behaviors (lying, stealing, engaging in illegal activities, being totally focused on obtaining our doc, isolation ) that dominate our lives. Obviously, buying drugs off the street (even if your motives are pure....and I think they are) is addict behavior. For me, it's hard to get clean while still acting like an addict....know what I mean?

Also, and this will be my last negative thing....addicts like to be in control. We set our own rules, time tables, and procedures. For example, how many addicts even read (much less follow) the directions on the prescription bottle? I think having a doctor (or trained professional) in charge is essential to recovery. It's hard to do, but it is really important to stop being your own doctor because, just like all addicts, your brain is sick (I am NOT trying to say you are crazy or mentally ill...just dominated by addiction right now), and a sick brain doesn't make good decisions....right?

Tim....I liked reading your post, and I would love to hear more from you. I imagine that you feel pretty overwhelmed right now, so, if you don't feel like you can answer all the questions right now, just keep telling us how you are doing. EVEN IF YOU RELAPSE OR AREN'T DOING AS WELL AS YOU WANT TO....WE ARE ALSO ADDICTS, AND WE AREN'T GOING TO JUDGE YOU FOR MAKING MISTAKES. Just let us know you're alive....people here really do worry about each other, especially when we are having trouble.

Hope to hear from you again soon....and, again, welcome!!

Elizabeth

Subs Not Drugs!!!

"Don't hope for a life without problems. An easy life results in a judgmental and lazy mind."
- Zen Master Kyong Ho

Post subject: ooo man <=_)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

heh yea im pretty overwhelmed lol... sorry it took me awhile to post, i was actually on pretty late last night hoping for a reply... coming home to all this was pretty intense tho... your all right, i know you are... idk know why but i am terrified of going to the doctor and telling my parents... i was actually going 2 tell them a long time ago and my brother steered me away from it, i think just to save his own ass... man it was hard to read all of what you guys posted lol, not length wise but i couldnt stop crying lol, its kinda crazy kuz iv been such a tough ass my whole life... um newayz, i dont have insurance atm, i did until i stopped going to school, and my parents stopped claiming me as a dependent... i feel stupid for this but i dont even really know what to do about insurance :( like where to get it wat company to go with or w/e and how much i shud b paying, and this is all intensified bcuz i am realitivley broke, i have like 40 bucks to my name.. i do get payed soon but i have to pay for my truck, rent, and food... i know i have to get insurance eventually and i need to find a doctor sooner lol its just hard >.< ha.. and i havnt talked to my parents in a little over a year... it was a very miserable time for me and them i sure, when they kicked me out and gave my room to my older sister and her husband :P lol.. i mean im sure theyd help, my parents would, but its just hard... i know u all know, its crazy... iv like brain washed myself into thinking that telling anyone is like shooting myself in the foot... and as for buying on the street goes, ur all right again :P lol... i wish i didnt have to and i didnt think about it that way but it totally does have a negative impact on those using it legally, if i get caught by police or sumthin, god forbid, then thats like one strike against legitimate users.. bcuz im sure that they will identify it as abuse... idk im just scared and trying 2 do what i can for everyone... which is risky i know, but i cant just like not help them... theyre my friends and family and pretty much all i have right now, even if they dont want to quit i have to try... i said last night that i was off on day 3 and was trying not 2 take any more... i said my gf was calling me from work telling me telling me she was getting bad cravings... i shud have headed that a little more bcuz she brought a "thing" home last night :(... gosh damnit its only been 3 days and iv already relapsed... fuk, i mean i didnt even think i would say yes to using if it was laid out in front of me, i basically thought that the subs were "curing" me, at least im not kidding myself any more... i still have like 21subs left but thats between me and kat... and i actually felt okay about it at the time, smoking H last night, up until i read jack cracks post and few others about using it as a tool to keep using opiates and just using subs when im in WD... that pretty much tore me apart heh... i mean, i know that thats exactly whats going to happen.. dam i wish it wasnt so hard and scary :P lol... phew~ lol well sry for my emotional ramble.. ty all for posting, and posting so much... im pretty much trippin right now bcuz i cant take my sub heh but yea im sure the best thing for me is to find a doctor... ill start looking into it once i come back home again.... sry for my language btw i tried 2 pg it down a little :P ... but yea ty all again plz keep posting, and ill keep replying, im also constantly reading other threads and posts, but really im quite new to the whole forum thing so idk i feel kinda wierd about replying sumtimes lol... well one last time ty for keeping this site going, i cant believe how much its changed my view on things... and im so glad that all of you are doing well :) it really makes me happy... i dont really have a problem taking subs long term as long as thats the professionals opinion when i talk 2 him/her... well iv g2g and try 2 make sum chedda(cash)... take care all of u, and have a good day :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm sorry to hear you've relapsed. I can almost hear you kicking yourself in the ass for it, too Try not to be so hard on yourself. Instead use it as motivation to push ahead with recovery. Perhaps it illustrates for you that you might need more than a couple/few weeks of suboxone on your own?

I know you're scared, we've all been there. It's quite normal to be afraid. It's so hard to admit our failings to the people who love us/we love. But you've already taken the first and hardest step - admitting to yourself (and us) that you've got to get off that dangerous merry-go-round. That's HUGE - and something you should be proud of. From reading your latest post I can see you've got great insight into yourself. I firmly believe that will go so far in helping you in a recovery plan.

It is my opinion that you should start looking for a doctor now. It sounds like you're more amenable to the idea now. Many doctors have appointments weeks or months out and if that's the case you'll have time to get the money together for the appointment. In addiction to suboxone-directory.com (that Jackcrack mentioned), there are also doctor locators at naabt.org, sahmsa.gov, and suboxone.com. We can help you put together a list of questions to ask when you call, too.

Think of your relapse as a bump in the road only, because you're STILL on your way to recovery, that hasn't changed.

Hang in there, don't be so hard on yourself, and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:35 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Tim....I'm so glad you posted again!! I can't tell you how many people post once, then disappear...I think it's a great sign that you re-posted. To me, it shows that you are committed to this; that it wasn't just a late night whim. You absolutely have the desire to get clean....it's all over your posts....it's just about the leg work now (getting the doctor, etc).

As far as the relapse, Hat is right....don't let it get you down. That's what addiction is....relapse and sobriety and relapse and sobriety....no, the ultimate goal is to have a lot more sobriety, but the point is that relapse doesn't equal failure.

Insurance can be confusing...no doubt. Just remember, although it isn't guaranteed, there is a good patient assistance program that provides free medication to qualified patients (lots of members on this site can tell you more about it). So, you may just need to come up with the money to see the doctor. If your income is really low, I would start by looking into Medicaid (www.cms.gov). If you don't meet those requirements, there are lots of other private insurance programs.

Right now, there are a couple of free things that would help you immediately. First, I really think you should start going to meetings (NA/AA). Also, and this part is really really hard, you need to distance yourself from people who put your sobriety in danger. I know these are the people that are like your family now, and some of them may be genuine friends, but others may not have your best interests at heart....and you know who those people are....yea?? I know, it sucks....but it is so important. It would also probably be good if your girlfriend went to meetings as well.

Finally, I don't know your whole family situation , but, based on what you told us, your parents may have a good idea of what is going on....they definitely know that something isn't right with you. Plus, if you miss them, they probably miss you, and would much rather have an imperfect son who is trying to get his life together than no son at all. Family support is so important for long term sobriety and (again, I don't know anything about your family) they may be willing to help you, if they know that you are serious about your recovery...worst case scenario, you end up not talking to them....which is how things are right now...right?? What do you have to lose??

Ok, I'll shut up now....keep updating us....take care!!!

Subs Not Drugs!!!

"Don't hope for a life without problems. An easy life results in a judgmental and lazy mind."
- Zen Master Kyong Ho

Post subject: lookin in2 it
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks guys this site is really comforting.. i tried going cold turkey a couple of times b4 but i didnt achieve anything from that... and suboxone is rlly hlping me.. i mean i havnt taken another 1 yet but i know when i do what to xpect from it.. and as far as support groups go is it just like call and find times or look up a schedule? im gona check it out, just kinda wondering wat to expect.... and im also looking into that directory of doctors and i found a local one that sounds pretty promising.. what should i expect from that? for those of you who have gone to get treatment... it kinda sounded like hes just a doctor and i would go see him and talk... but idk are they gona like hold me there if i go high or in wd? and i wonder what the confidentiality is like.. i mean if my parents find out i would rather tell them than something getting mailed you know? just btw i feel like iv taken a pretty big jump toward becoming better again since i started taking subs and visiting these sites.. ty for pep talk lol! it sux i relapsed but yea no use crying over it i suppose.. but yea, i got a little advice on what to ask when i call, but im down for any advice ne 1 has to offer :P i mean you may suggest a question that i overlook that may help! :D well yea ill come back again tomorrow to see whats up! thanks for being around and checkin the site pretty often :) idk i didnt have to much to build off of as far as support goes and this site has been really nice :P well have a good night every1, i know my night will b fun! :P cya! -TimmaH! ^_^

Post subject: It's Time.....
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:17 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Tim,
I'm glad your back and looking for help.... That's a good sign:) as far as confidentiality goes I assume that you are cosidered an Adult in the eyes of the medical profession therefore NO ONE can see your records unless you tell them it's ok..... One other thing I would like to add is... A lot of places offer a certian amount of free care you may want to look into that?? Also don't worry they won't keep you if you show up in w/d's.. The best advice I can give you and it's tough for US addicts But be Honest with the Dr.'s that's how you will get the best care for yourself. When you call ask if they will be starting you on Suboxone the first time in (Induction) probably not, But you need to know so you can STOP using if that's the case... also ask about counseling and if the offer it or not?
I'm sure more will chime in and give you some pointers so I'll leave it there.... Remember be straight with the doc's that will give you the best shot at getting clean...... I have a good feeling about you Tim... Stay focused! Take care & best of luck!!!! Keep us posted on your progress.....

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ty TP :P thats very reassuring to know.. i have another quick question, my brother keeps sending me txts asking what to do about his stomach cramps during WD's... hes a little older than me and has been playin this deadly game a bit longer than i have... so he has acquired tons of different types of perscripts during his.., "binge" i guess u could say.... i was looking online and he has a pill called clonodine and it says thats supposed to help? and hes got sum other weird 1s like asephex or sumthing for ulcers... i told him not to take anything until we at least find out what they are and how they will effect you... i mean i dont think he should be taking stomach ulcer meds when he doesnt have ulcers.... well yea leme know what you can plz! :P thanks! -TimmaH + kat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tim and Kat,
Asiphex is a new acid reflux medication. Clonodine is an anti-anxiety medication and is sometimes given as a comfort med for withdrawals. That doesn't, however, mean that he should be taking them if he doesn't need them. I know he's going to do what he's going to do, but I would be remiss if I didn't point that out. As we know - you included - self-medicating is a dangerous game. That's why we're in recovery, right? Can you talk to him? Explain that if he wants to enter recovery he shouldn't keep taking more pills that aren't prescribed to him?

I'm sorry if I sound like a hard-ass. I don't mean to. I just don't want this forum to have a liability issue when it comes to this sort of thing. We all want this forum to stick around so we want to be responsible in what we say to each other. At least that is my opinion.

I'm glad you're keeping us posted. How are YOU feeling?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just in the interest of accuracy, and being responsible for what we post, I wanted to jump in with a correction. Clonidine IS NOT an anti-anxiety medication. I think you may be confusing Clonidine with Klonipin. Clonidine is actually a blood pressure medication that has also been found to work pretty well for withdrawal from opiates and therefore is used for this purpose pretty frequently.

As for this forum having liability issues for the information posted here… Um. Hmmmm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMG - you're right don. I AM SO SORRY! How utterly irresponsible of me. (Ironic, huh? LOL The very thing I was trying to avoid.)

Forgive me so much :oops: :oops: It won't happen again, folks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Not to worry. These two meds are actually very commonly confused. A lot of people seem to confuse them. You can "sort of" see how it is sometimes easy for even medical professionals to make medication errors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

no no hat plz keep your experience coming... i came on to ask bcuz i have no one else lol... i mean ill look online, hop a few forums, but its not like actually talking to individuals who know about this stuff... i totally agree about not taking things precribed and just trying to take less pills in general... my brother is an interesting case tho... hes diabetic and has all sorts of problems from anxiety issues to back problems and possible mental illnesses heh... i say that with as much love and respect that i can.... b4 we started trying 2 kick he pulld out all these different variations of scripts... some where his, like vicodin and xanex... but hes obtained other things as well... like clonozopam and ambien and stuff... he has so much i cant really just sit here and name it all.... he is also way more addicted to h than i am... he shoots it... and in his mind he thinks that going back to snorting all these weird pills that you should not snort will help him stop shooting, u know what i mean?? im sorry im a little jumbled atm.... im really stressed heh, my dealer came by earlier bcuz he said he couldnt go home yet, becuz the apartments were getting their fire alarms checked or sumthing and his gf isnt supposed to be living there.. newayz he knows im trying 2 quit but he brought over 2 things and left them on my night stand... hes not answering my calls and i was going to return them to him... me and kat alrdy broke 1 open but i dont want to do the other 1... i wana get back on my cycle and keep progressing, its just hard with work the next day to go through wd's all night until i can take a sub... soo idk im not really doing too well actually heh... as ene579 said, i really need to distance myself from those who dont have MY best interests at heart... this is the same guy that got me hooked in the first place... out of all the people i talk to he is the one that will most likely continue to drag me down... its hard to just stop talking to him or tell him not to talk 2 me... weve been friends for sooo long... and he has helped me alot, well at the time i considered it help... idk i hate him and love em at the same time... how do you tell sum 1 u cant talk ne more... this is sum1 who feels free to come up to our door and knock with no notice...ugh idk heh iv been kind of confused and embarassed about this so i didnt post about it yet, but since you asked i felt compelled :P.... but yea im sorry if anything i say has any negative impact on this site or anyone individually.... totally not my intention... if i should mellow out on the talk of pills and stuff plz let me know.. i didnt think anything of it but i dont want to offend anyone... thanks hat <3 so what do u think i shud tell my bro??? just to try to get through it w/o pills u are not legitimately taking? take sum pepto? heh sorry for putting you guys in the position of answering questions that really require a professional, just know that i wont take any information without looking into it... i really appreciate everything you have to say and will work on my life slowly with what you say in mind... i hope u continue to reply confidentially :P lol..... i am so sorry that all my posts are so long, i will try to trim them down in the future <3