It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Weirdest induction ever.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:22 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Ok so pretty much i waited till i was 18 on the COWS and took 2mg of the film. Started feeling a bit better after about an hour and then 30 minutes after that i start feeling worse again so i take another 2 mg, again felt better after about an hour then about 30 minutes after that i start feeling severe leg and back pains so i took another 2mg, this time i did not get better. after 2 hours i finally tapped out with the pain and i went and got half a Gram of Black tar, and smoke about half, it barely made a difference on the leg pain. I waited another 3 hours to smoke the other half and my legs still hurt a bit, a very uncomfortable but manageable feeling. My Main question since i smoked half a gram on top of the suboxone how long do i have to wait to take the suboxone again. Keep in mind that i got very very little relief from the H so im guessing my receptors are already saturated?
This has been the weirdest induction for me. Im really confused about why i would get better then worse then better then waaay worse anyway...
I really hope to get a reply from someone cus im really worried about going back into PWD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:17 am 

Hey Teslo,

I wish I could help with your problem, but I have no experience with this situation. I do want to welcome you to our forum though! I hope you stick around. I'm sure someone will come along to answer your question. There's a ton of experienced people on this forum.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Teslo.

If you really want to give Suboxone a go, flush that gear. Many have come on here over the years doing exactly what you did - taking heroin / oxy / hydro or whatever to relieve the symptoms of an induction that didn't go as planned. Every time they resort to using, they have to delay their induction again. It can become a self-perpetuating cycle of delaying, using to relieve cravings / withdrawals from delaying, then needing to delay further.

What you said about your heroin mostly being blocked is a good sign. I know for a fact that you can only get precipitated withdrawal if the agonist can actually latch on the receptors. If you have felt nearly zero effects from the heroin, then your chances of precipitated withdrawal are smaller.

But I'd still proceed with caution. Money on that some of that heroin would have had a bit of an effect, even if it wasn't enough to notice. Try a small dose of Sub first - no more than 1mg. Then if within 30 minutes you have no serious precipitated withdrawal, take a bit more.

Can I ask how much heroin you were using? It's possible you may not be getting enough agonist effect from buprenorphine. If you get up to a dose of 12mg or 16mg and find yourself still in discomfort / withdrawals, you may be a better candidate for methadone. Then once you stabilise on methadone, you could reduce down to a dose and get your tolerance to a level low enough that buprenorphine is effective. But definitely see if you can get bupe working for you first.

Good luck.