It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:39 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Im prescribed generic subutex, Ive always gotten the roxanne brand, been filling it at the same pharmacy the whole time for over 2 years. They never ever have had it in stock so they have to order it special for me and its always been a quick turn around, I could drop of my Rx have them order it on a monday for ex. and it would always arrive by Thursday at the latest every time. Well the last 2 times I have gone in to drop it off to be ordered they say "ok we will have to order this for you, the computer says it will be here in 2 days".

Well 2 days go by and nothing, then 3 nothing, then on the 4th I get a call from the pharmacy tech (when its ready its always an automated message not a person) so I know something is off and they tell me "we are not able to get subutex at this time and we are not sure if or when we will be able to so do you want to transfer to another pharmacy?" Walmart pharmacy is the only place with a fair price in my area, I have to pay 135$ for 45 tablets and the same brand and quantity at any other pharmacy the price is around 225$-240$, I was shocked after calling around to find that out its ridiculous.

So I tell them I dont want to transfer yet as I can't afford to fill it anywhere else and I need to figure out what to do. So Im in a panic and luckily I have a few extras for this very situation but they arent gonna last forever and Im just completely on edge. Then randomly after like 4 days of nail biting and losing sleep a random message pops up on my machine that its ready to be picked up, Im like WTF but relieved and go pick it up and everythings fine. I figured it was just a small glitch in the computer or something or maybe on back order or something. So a month goes by and its time to fill it again and I drop it off, they type it into the computer and says it shows it will be ready in 2 days.

Well two days go by and once again no call, the next day of course the pharmacy tech calls again (a different one this time) and tells me the same thing implying they will never be able to fill it for me and I need to transfer. I tell them I'll wait it out because of what happened last time and it doesnt show up till 8 freaking days later. Is anyone else having a problem filling roxanne subutex? The part thats pissing me off is that other pharmacies when I called around the majority had it already in stock and I could of gone and picked it up right then but like I said its like a 100$ more for the same thing so I was not gonna do that. The part that bothers me most is Ive spent thousands of dollars at this pharmacy in the last 2 years or so and I dont like how they just call me up unsympathetic and how they word it in the most nerve wracking way possible "oh we dont know if we'll EVER be able to fill this for you anymore" How can they not know if they can get something or not its so incompetent, couldnt of been on back order seeing as every other pharmacy had it or was able to order it for me. I just dont get it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:31 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hiya Buprecision,

I am from the UK so cannot advise you on this. Is there not somewhere where you can complain about this ? Could you discuss this with your doctor n have him write a letter to the pharmacy? Have you explained to the pharmacy that you have seen that brand of sub elsewhere? Maybe they're hoping that you'll order the more expensive brand?

Just to let you know I'm think of you n hope this is resolved soon.

Best Wished,
Evey xxx

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Eve how are you doing? Unfortunately I don't thin the doctor could really do anything, Im not to worried about it because how it has always eventually shown up and they've gotten it filled for me but its nerve wracking to say the least when you pretty much know your gonna have to go through a big hassle. Like when I go in there and hand em my rx it kind of pisses me off when they tell me "ok it'll be here in 2 days" and I know I could confidently look right at them and say "no it won't in 2 days you will call me to put me into a panic telling me you may never be able to fill it for me again and I need to find somewhere else" its just annoying when I feel like I know their job better than they do when it comes to filling my Rx.

Also annoying how every time I fill it they say "are you gonna wait for this in the store" and I gotta tell em "I would but its always had to be ordered for me so I don't think its in stock" and then they get this look like "dont tell me how to do my job" and then they type away and then are like "oh we'll have to order this for you" and I just am like yeah I know I just told you that. Not a big deal except the first time I was asked if I wanted to wait in the store I figured "oh cool so they actually have it" and I got a 45 minute wait time walking around the store bored and I go to ask if its done and they say "oh sorry guess we have to order this one for you" so its like if I dont "tell them how to do their job" they'd have me waiting for an hour in store for something they dont have its ridiculous how the people the put in charge of filling potentially live saving medications are so incompetent.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I don't know why they just don't pre-order it in advance for you. Can they not just do that to save time?
I'm from the UK n it's a bit different here. I have 8 mg n I have to go pharmacy daily, which is annoying especially when I have to take my four year old with me. I'm going to talk to my key worker n ask about collecting them weekly cause really do not know what I'll do if my child is ever ill or whatever. I have to go every 28 days for my antidepressants (pharmacy n doctors have changed its like they think im an addict now arrrggg
Anyway i really don't know what you could do. I agree with you - paying an extra $100 would be silly.
You take care of you ok n I'm here by pm if you need anyone to vent to or whatever.
Hugs,
Evey xxx

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem