It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: weird stuff happing
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:03 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey wats going on my names kevin im a recovering herion addict and ive been steady with subxone for 2 months 8 mg a day but have been on and off for 2 yrs basically when i was using and couldnt get high you know the deall but anyways ive been having weird side effects that are very unusuall and was wondering if any one had experncied this. Ok soo ive been peeing litteraly 40 to 60 imes a day and have been having pain in my urethra and leg pain and a ridcoulsy amount of twitches /muscle/nerve spasams w/e the hell they are , i have them all over my body upper left side of chest ,thighs,left ass cheek and those are the main areas and all over other places . I ve been to a uroglist he checked everthing in the part of the body that would relate to that spesffic symptoms and all neggative and looking fine soo i feel it might have to doo with the subxone but i dont know soo iff any one knoes about this shit Please send me a responce and i woul greatley appricate Thanks and hope to hear from you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Kevin and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. I've never heard of any of the types of sides effects you're describing from sub. Common side effects are constipation and sweating. If it were me, I would get a different doctor and get a second opinion. I'm sorry I can't help you more.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:43 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sorry to hear about your experience with Sub, but what you're describing doesn't seem to have anything to do with it. If anything, you should have a harder time starting to pee, and it should be yellower than usual, (all normal side-effects). Sounds like an MRI is in order, but don't quote me, I'm no dr., but I sure as hell would go see one ASAP. Has your diet changed. Too much water and sodium makes me go all night, every hour on the hour, but not 40-60x's. I agree w/Hatmaker. I think you need a 2nd opinion, and soon.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I haven't heard of any those symptoms being associated with suboxone use either? Almost sounds like an allergic reaction??

Go see another Dr. and get an answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would have your sugar checked. The frequent urination does not sound like it could be Sub- related but I am no doctor. As for the twitches, I had experienced those when I was on a high dose of sub (32mg). I do not experience that anymore, as I am only on 8mg a day now. I have also heard of twitches from other Sub users. It is always best to get another medical opinion and rule out the little things first. Let us know how this turns out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well Kevin im hear to help.

For some reason last october i had a very very serious panic attack and from that day on. i could not sleep, relax nothing all cause i had the urgent felling that i had to pee. it got so bad i ended up in the er 5 times in 3 weeks. i didnt sleep for 5 days litterally no sleep what so ever. so i get into a pee dr had a the test done all came back normal. so things got so bad i had to have a cystoscopy worst pain ive ever felt in my life its like a colonoscopy but the opposite side. anyways i waited for 2 weeks to have this done went threw the worst pain in my life all to come and find out everything was normal. but i was still peeing non stop was on the strongest benzo for sleeping hell the strongest sleeping pill drs will perscribe cause it was that bad. well im still seeing the pee doc to figure this out well he tells me its a mental thing and my mind is so focused on this that all i think about is peeing and i always felt like i had to pee non stop. so i finally get into a head dr psy. and was persribed prozac do to i had serious ocd and well all the pee problems went away for the most part and have been doing pretty good ever since knock on wood.

but my point being your body and mind is so focused on these side affects that your body is being affected by it. i suggest you talk with a psy dr. about this and see if you have any ocd signs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have also never heard of, nor experienced, those kind of symptoms and I've been on suboxone for almost two years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oh yea i for got to put this in my post. the point of my post is to say suboxone has nothing to do with your bathroom issues its just a med you are on at the time it started. This is something that is a mental health issue more so then anything. The reason i say this is because you had all the test done and everything came back just fine. so that leaves mental health after all physical health have been x out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:28 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yea thanks for the input maybe that is right but did you get anstasia for the cystlopy or w.e casue the doctors wanted to do that to me and i rly dont wanna do it but again thanks for every ones in put ill keep every one posted about this to see what happends and thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have had a number of those issues you described and it was the result of being on a dose too high... i always thought it was withdrawls but turns out it was too much sub... just my experience... good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:29 pm 
I've had the peeing problem for awhile. I have a thread on here also about that problem. Its called "I feel like i have too pee 24/7". I hope it gets better. Im still trying to figure out what my problem is. If you find an answer for your problem please give an update cuz he might very well help me as well as anyone else who may be experiencing this. Thanks!! ~PEACE~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:21 pm 
Hey kevin I know exactly what you mean about the leg pain. My legs are constantly aching and restless while on suboxone. I cant say for a fact its the subs but I never had restless achy legs before taking suboxone except for when in opiate withdrawal and I've been clean over a 100 days so its not withdrawal so Im guessing its something to do with the suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:30 am 
Suboxowned, this is just an idea and i have no idea if this is even possible but, do you think it could be the naloxone causing your restless legs? I've read somewhere that in some people the naloxone does actually have an affect on them in that way. Withdrawal symptoms etc. Could be completely incorrect but just trying to give as much thought to it as i can. Have you ever tried subutex? I used to take suboxone but now i take subutex and i can honestly say, their were days while taking suboxone that i actually felt the restless leg feeling that i use to feel when i was in withdrawal and this was months into treatment. I havent felt any of that not even once while taking subutex. Anyways, sorry i dont have any factual information. Hope this helps!! Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!! ~PEACE~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:51 pm 
Ya know I have no clue if it could be the naloxone but if it was unfortunately theres nothing I could do about it. I already talked to my doctor about the restless legs everytime I dose and I also told him I can barely afford suboxone and would be helped greatly if he could rx the generic subutex and he wouldnt even consider it. He just gave me that coupon for the stupid film and Ive been feeling even worse ever since. I despise the film it is such a hassle. I felt I got a much better dose when I crushed the tablets to dust and "painted" it under my tongue with my finger.