It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am not sure what is going on because I normally NEVER get emotional after a period, especially this far after one. Its been about 7-9 days since my last period and the emotions are kicking in strong. Its really weird, I normally get emotional right before a period and then afterwards I am fine.
Im not on any type of nerve medicine like Prozac or anything like that, nor am I coming off anything like that. I am on 8mg of Suboxone a day, and its been doing fine so far. I am not sure if this is because I might need more Suboxone or what but let me explain some of the feelings that I have been having.
For example, I was sitting here today and my husband and I was chatting about a message left on the phone. For no reason whatsoever, I started crying. He wasnt upset, I wasnt mad at him or anything but I just started crying when he read the message. It was a message from one of his friends basically saying Hi to him.i am very irritable as well, some days are fine but then others I could just about bite someone's head off.
It is atleast another three weeks before a period is due and this is just odd. I am thinking about calling my doctor and seeing if there is something that I might need to take or if I might be pregnant but I highly doubt it. We have been trying for four years and we have had no luck whatsoever. Four years of nothing, no mishaps, nothing. Nothing has happened, no deaths in the family and no arguments in the family.
I just cant figure out what is going on, anyone have any ideas? Could I just need to up my dosage? Could I be pregnant? I really doubt that one because of the lack of anything in the past. Thanks for reading fellars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi pitbull-

7-9 days from the start of your last period or the end of your last period?

The two prominent times in a Woman's cycle that contribute to depression, moodiness or elevated emotions the most are 1) before/ during menstruation and also 2) at ovulation or post ovulation. It is quite possible given your time frame that you could be ovulating or have just ovulated in which case, you're hormones could be going haywire again. This sounds more hormonal to me than an effect from suboxone, but that's just a guess from a stranger online.

How do you feel on suboxone otherwise? Does it keep cravings away? Are you feeling well on it?

Lastly, are you on BC pills or BC of any kind?

Last edited by tinydancer on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Also, I wouldn't think you're pregnant based on the time frame given. Anything is possible but it sounds like you should be Oing now and it can take a good week or so for an embryo to implant.

Hang in there. Hormonal changes are so tough!! I don't know how we manage to stay sane half the time. I feel like it gets worse with age too, but maybe that's just me.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Oh its 7-9 days after the end of my period. I should have clarified, I didnt proof read it. I am fine on Suboxone normally, it seems like during these times I do have somewhat more cravings but its nothing that I cant bypass by getting up and doing some housework or something like that.
I honestly dont think that there is a snowball's chance in hell that I could be pregnant. We have tried for so long with nothing but we dont give up. I mean we arent everyday, three times a day people but we removed the goalie so to speak. Yeah, I dont think its a Suboxone issue either. I just noticed that over the past week atleast, I have been more bitchier and things are irritating me more. I did have tender breasts for a day, which was really odd. I usually NEVER have those until the day or two before I start my period. I know most women usually get those as a sign of pregnancy but I get them as a sign of a oncoming period.
Now normally before my period I get the chocolate cravings, and I got those during this time as well. Its kind of weird, I will tell you that I have never noticed this before. It also could be something that happens every month but we just really paid attention to it this month for some reason.
Maybe we should really try this time around, something might have happened and opened up the floodgates for us to get pregnant. Its our life wish, its the one thing that we want more than anything in the world. We are both doing well, I am healthy and so is my husband. We are financially stable for once in our lives, and that is going exceptionally well.
I am 34 and I would like for it to happen as soon as possible. Not saying that there is one thing wrong with being a mother older than 35. but I hear that it can pose some problems. Yes I do have two kids already, they are with their father due to financial problems when we split up.
I wish now that I had just kept them with me, but there are issues with that, that can not be changed no matter what I do now. That is all in the past, and I have to deal with things one at a time.My exhusbands mother and sister pulled the wool over my eyes when I was married to him and basically told me that I was unfit and that the kids should be with them and since I was young and stupid, I listened and they have basically been with their daddy's family ever since.
Please dont lecture me on this, I know that I messed up and there is nothing that I can do to fix what happened 14 years ago. Anywho, I would love to be able to give my husband a child. I would love to be able to raise my own child, which is something that I never got to do. Anytime that I got my daughter down at my house, my ex's sister was interjecting and saying that I needed rest and that if she cried, I would sleep through it. I was stupid and young and listened to them.
I know now that things would be much different, there is no mother in laws to interject or brothers/sisters and I am much older and smarter now.
My husband has no children of his own, we are not even sure that he can produce. He has always said that he is sterile because he had gotten hit down there really hard by a baseball when he was young. I have heard stories of people who thought the same, but it never interfered with that.
However, if something miraculous was to happen that we did get pregnant I would be floating so high on cloud nine that nothing could bring me down. I would be very very careful and do everything correct or atleast try to this time around. This is something that plagues me that I cant do for him, he basically feels that if it is meant to happen it will and if it endangers my life, he would rather we have no kids. He cares for me, is like an old mother hen at times and supports me in whatever things that I wish to do in life.
I have to say that without him, I have no idea where I would be today. He seen how unhappy that I was with my first husband, and showed me that it was ok to have friends. My ex wouldnt allow me any friends, I had timers when I went to town. if I wasnt home within a hour, he would come out looking for me. He did this once, I didnt believe that he would do it and I tested him. My ex wouldnt allow me to even work, I finally begged and pleaded to get a job and that lasted for a month. He would set in the parking lot and watch me work, and apparently it upset my managers.

Oh no I am not on BC pills of any kind at all. We are afraid that if I do that it will decrease our chances even more. I did have some trouble with ovarian cysts a couple of years ago and are thinking that they might have resurfaced and could be causing troubles. Then again we wont be completely sure until we get to a doctor and find out who is sterile in the family.

Man its nice to be out of that mess now.
Back to the topic at hand, sorry I ramble on at times. If anything else arrises symptom wise I will post them here. I think like you that it is just ovulation time. Thing is,I have never felt this before so I think we are going to try extra hard this month. Oh what a nice present that would make. There is nothing in the world like carrying a life inside of you.
Thanks for replying back with any information, and sorry that I do ramble on so much.
April

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Based on the fact you are 7-9 after your last period ended, you have tenderness and are bitchy/ moody.. that sounds like ovulation. Since you removed the goalie, you will probably be more in tune with your body's changes. It's only natural to consciously or subconsciously pay attention to different signs and signals if there is a chance of something happening. You know?

That's my theory, anyway. Good luck with everything!