It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Weight Loss?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:32 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I was wondering about weight loss. Since I've been on the Suboxone, I have gone from weighing 138 to 115 and this has made me look terribly skinny. Is this from Suboxone or is it possibly something else? I don't want to discontinue Suboxone because it has worked very well for me other than the headaches and weight loss. Please let me know. Thanks

Post subject: weight loss
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:18 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I lost a large amount of weight while on suboxone, but I was also diagnosed with something called Graves disease which commonly causes weight loss. Although my endocrinologist believes the suboxone may have contributed.

Post subject: weight loss?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:15 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello,
I have been on Sub. for a month now and I have lost 9 pounds already!Its great for me as I could stand to loose a lot more,since I started the Sub. and have not been doing all the drinking and other drugs my body seems to be adjusting to the new level of "exercise" or work I do every day.I go back to the Dr. this morning to get my next months prescription.This will be the 3rd. visit since I started on the program.My Dr. is so cool about it,well not so that I can't convince him to not charge me full prices,as I am self-pay patient.Oh well its worth its weight in gold to me.Yes the weight-loss is definitely on for me.
All Have A Great Day!
tj :D

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:43 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been taking sub for over a year now... About a week after taking it my pants got bigger and my shirts were not as tight on me. As time went on and my body got adjusted to sub I gradually put the weight back on. I don't know how sub makes all of you feel but it gives me the drive to do things that I didn't have before. It is the best thing for people who want to do right and keep on l-i-v-i-n>>>>>jkl

Did it do the same for you???

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I also have lost weight, my pants are falling off. Depending on what kind of drugs you were doing before, they were more than likely making you retain a large amount of water. Also, the harder you hammer your liver the less it breaks down fat cells. I am not sure if this will cause weight gain, but in theory it should.

In my case, it noticably dropped my testosterone levels and seemed to have an effect on my estrogen levels. This has an effect on alot of your body's systems. Whacked out hormones can make you gain weight.

I will say this, I gained 66lbs on hydrocondone for 4 years. I know I have lost 26 lbs, i haven't checked my weight but I know I am down even more. I am about to start lifting weights again, doing cardio and eating five small meals. I looked good before I started eating these pills.... I started eating whatever was in front of me, when I used to be very strict about my diet.

It's sad, but it is a good project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It is strange how it affects everyone differently.For me and some others I know- there was a weight gain. I was pretty consistent in my weight when I started Suboxone, and I have gained about thirty pounds since I started treatment two years ago.I have not been as active because of my knee problems but I still do get in minor physical activity.

Post subject: me too
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i had that very same issue shortly after beginning i lost 28lbs.. got scared and put it back on with a little effort.. wish i could go back but i cant speak for everyone but i lost my appetite and a significant amount of weight and if i am any indicator...dont worry it will be back.. mine did unfortunately.. hope this helps..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I put on 45 pounds in 8 months addicted to Vic's. I look like sh*t and have gone up 4 dress sizes.
I just started Suboxone one week ago today and it has been my miracle drug. I PRAY the pounds
start melting off!!!! I am glad to hear that others gained weight on opiates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I put on 45 pounds in 8 months addicted to Vic's. I look like sh*t and have gone up 4 dress sizes.
I just started Suboxone one week ago today and it has been my miracle drug. I PRAY the pounds
start melting off!!!! I am glad to hear that others gained weight on opiates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm not sure about weight loss but, I don't have as much of an appetite. Then again, when I was high on vics it didn't matter. I gained like 30 lbs on vics within a few years. I did whatever it was I wanted to, well almost. Usually, when not under the influence I watch what I eat carefully. But when I was high, it just didn't matter as much. Well I certainly don't feel that way now!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:33 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Almost everybody I know on Sub has lost some poundage during the first months, but then some gained it back, and the ones who didn't are those who wanted to stay thin :) Like, diet and exercise and all.

It's all about adjustment period IMO. At first Sub makes us more alert and energetic, so we start looking for things to do, manual labor as well - and there's a lot of work to be done, having neglected our houses and jobs and routines during years and years of opiate use... So we run around being all fussy and active, and our bodies are getting used to the new medicine, all those things make it burn more energy than it used to, and besides, for some people it takes a while to stabilize on their dose, and until then they may experience mild discomfort in terms of nausea and appetite suppression. I have not found anything that suggest Suboxone itself affects our endocrine system in terms of weight gain/loss, I think it's just due a drastic change in our routines and schedules that do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:35 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I like your position to lose weight. It is very interesting information for those who want to know. Everyone can share their thought. In my opinion I think the vegetable filling such as chicken with pepper and zucchini savory fillings of minced meat, meat or tuna are easy to make and very healthy and low fat.

Post subject: Re: Weight Loss?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:13 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Annette wrote:
I was wondering about weight loss. Since I've been on the Suboxone, I have gone from weighing 138 to 115 and this has made me look terribly skinny. Is this from Suboxone or is it possibly something else? I don't want to discontinue Suboxone because it has worked very well for me other than the headaches and weight loss. Please let me know. Thanks
I have been on Suboxone for over 2 years and immediatly started loosing weight! I had every test done u could think of and found nothing as to the cause, so i believe it is from the Suboxone. I have always been a healthy weight and went from 165 to 105 in less than 3 months and have stayed at 105 for the last two years! No matter what i do or eat I cannot gain weight, and the funny thing is that I got off the drugs but people see how skinny I am and automatically assume that I am on Drugs. Glad to know I am not alone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been on Suboxone roughly 6 months and I lost almost 40 lbs. Each time I went in for my monthly check up, my weight kept dropping. It definitely curbed my appetite and I've always had a huge appetite. I simply just wasn't that hungry anymore. Thankfully, I've been able to maintain the weight loss.....so far. Also, I try to do a lot of physical activies each day. Not necessarily working out but, more along the lines of hard work. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

To date I have been on Sub for nearly three months, I have lost apprx 45 lbs. I am ecstatic about it!! Hope it keeps up honestly, people are like u should go to the doctor, something may be wrong, etc. Just had a full physical in August. I think it's just I'm not sitting around being all sedentary like with opiates. And eating. Of course with the sub, I have a decreased appetite. I had a liver test and it came back ok so it's not that thankfully. With all the apap i was taking, about 3,00 a day I'm sure this is better. Though I hear naloxone metabolizes through the liver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I too have lost weight,but not just on subs. All opiates seem to cause me to lose weight.Im only 5'5" and 120 lbs. now. I was 150lbs ! 30 lbs is a lot of weight for me ,at 5'5". Somehow I think that the opiates affect the way my body processes food,bcause i eat enough.Alot of junk food too(sweet tooth). I tried to find some info online about this, but havent found a tie yet. Anyone know if this might be true?

Post subject: Weight control....
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:01 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Suboxone for me is a weight controling tool also, I used to weigh 380 lbs, now I weigh 210, and look like a stud, well my wife thinks so !!! I have maintained 210 lbs for the last yr and a half.. I know Suboxone has helped, I just know... during the time I was stabilizing after a taper I would put on a pound or two, but after I stabilized I'd lose it.. Thats one of the many reasons I love Sub... I've stopped at 1mg, You know what they say, " If it works don't fix it " I got down to 1mg so if I have some type of medical issue I wont have to kiss a doctors ass because I'm in pain.. I don't kiss ass well.. The threads on this forum about pain and Dr.s and hospitals and ER rooms scare the crap out of me, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:20 am 
New Poster
New Poster

suboxone usually does what other opiates do-- it doesn't so much as put weight on as prevent weight loss. When i was using and then in detox I lost 30 pounds from being sick all the time; my appetite didn't come back for weeks and weeks. So the suboxone might just be restoring your normal appetite-- and the weight loss while off them was the effects of no appetite from opiate withdrawal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I lost alot of wieght as well while taking Suboxone. Went from barely fitting into size 36 pants to 34 being lose, pretty much a 32 now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:34 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I went from 265 lbs a year ago to 169 current weight I concerned also I used to drink beer alot, well im an alcoholic and I was also eating 10+ laracet 10/650 everyday. So its normal to lose so much? I liked it at first now im starting to look heroin shiek and thats a look I don't want like the other guy said I look like im abusing now and I have done nothing but suboxin and a lil weed since i started doing subs.