It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: Weight Loss?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:18 am 

Weight Loss?,
This very old old thread should be call Weight Gain.

Thanks Douglas for poppin back up. There are some very good suggestions here for thoses with loss issues.
Low T being just one.
As far as sweets, im in the same boat. After 5 years I still eat them everyday. Better than getting high on drugs!
Luckly my weight is in a good place, give or take 5 lbs either way.

Just read through this thread, dating back to 2011, some good stuff here.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

razor55 wrote:
Weight Loss?,
This very old old thread should be call Weight Gain.

Thanks Douglas for poppin back up. There are some very good suggestions here for thoses with loss issues.
Low T being just one.
As far as sweets, im in the same boat. After 5 years I still eat them everyday. Better than getting high on drugs!
Luckly my weight is in a good place, give or take 5 lbs either way.

Just read through this thread, dating back to 2011, some good stuff here.

Really because the OP in this thread is complaining of weight loss along with at least 7 other posters. One poster explains that until he got on testosterone he was not able to gain the weight he had lost from sub during ORT. With the help of the T he gained 30 pounds. Wow sounds promising. One of the few posters who does talk about weight gain also explains how sub has noticeable reduced her appetite.

As the sub doc has stated weight gain is not associated with opiate dependency but weight loss is. He comments, "Opioids are not directly related to weight gain, but the people who abuse opioids, or abuse buprenorphine, often have other aspects of an unhealthy lifestyle, such as lack of exercise and poor food choices."

The Sub Doc goes onto explain, "Weight loss is common during active opioid dependence." I believe weight gain is also more common as people get older. It is really common in the states because of an unhealthy diet and lack of exercise.

Last edited by Simple6 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:11 pm 

Hi All, I know I have said this before but I feel that each and every person is different! Weight loss, weight gain, nodding, increase in energy, vitamin levels, testosterone levels, all are so very individual! We like to find people who are experiencing the same things that we are, it's comforting and normal! It connects us! My feeling, I have to do what is best for me! I do wish suboxone made me loss weight! But not happening! AND, it would be oh so easy for me to say suboxone is causing me to gain! Unfortunately, I know it is me and only me who needs to be eating right and exercising! I think if suboxone is causing any of us such serious side effects that we can not live with, we must consult with our doc and make the very personal decision as to what is best! Enjoy the rest of the day!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:29 pm 

I totally agree Michelle!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:31 pm 

After reading all 39 posts weight loss folks at 11
Pro weight gain or happy about the side effect at 13 plus sweet tooth.
And the rest either had a diet suggestions or had Low T or Graves disease at 15.

Looks like a push to me. Some folks have an issue, some do not. Who knows for sure in each one of us..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi S6,

I failed in my post in an earlier thread of yours, to point out that It might be prudent to report your significant wt loss on methadone and bup to the FDA if your Drs have not already. In my prior post, where I gave this link http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/Safe ... 91715.htm., there were only 37 reports of adrenal insufficiency, yet it garnered an FDA alert. Some Dr's opined they'd never seen it or serotonin syndrome yet others said - oh yes they are an issue and need to be acknowledged. Maybe these side effects are considered differently than severe wt. loss, idk, but if it were me and I'd gone thru your experience, I'd report it.

FDA Q & A's on Adverse Event Reporting System (FAERS)
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/GuidanceCompli ... ugEffects/

At mid page in this link is a link to reporting adverse effect w opioids. My next link following IS the reporting page.
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/Inf ... 337066.htm

Reporting page -- Medwatch Online Voluntary Reporting Form
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/ ... rting.home

Idk what to tell you as far as you informing all opiate addicts that opiates including bup, can cause wt loss, in your case, severe wt. loss. You certainly did w me and others that caught your posts. How are you really doing now that you are off bup? Hope you are gaining wt and feeling better and better. Most important, is for you to stay clean and in recovery. I'm off bup for quite awhile now and find coming here is incredibly helpful. I hope you can set aside your frustration w us here on this issue and get to all the other powerful and impactful learning here. Also many other recovery options out there that I hope you participate w. Wishing you my best, P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:14 am 

Uno, most of the people in that thread wer not complaining of skinny sick weight loss that has stayed with them.

Ive met no one as well who has this problem. Ive met many in our bi weekly support groups I chair.

There is a problem, no dought with your weigh issue. Hope you get to the bottom of it.

There is nothing with wroug with my counts or how I judge this old thread.

Good luck to you.

Razor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:02 pm 

Simple is banned. Nobody insulted him and he's continuously insulted moderators, myself included. We have given him so many chances to stop but that obviously didn't work. Even trying to just let his anger/arguing die down and nothing worked.

For someone to insult someone like Razor when all he was doing was trying to help....not cool and not tolerated.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:47 pm 

Lets just hope he finds the help he needs to get healthy again...

We are in too good of a mood here at the house to let anything ruin our day .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

U all LOST weight on sub???? Wow! In the 1st week I gained 4 pounds ugh!
I don't see sub Dr again til Oct 3rd I know it will say I've gained another at least 8 pounds..I can feel it, see it my panties don't fit me right anymore & I HATE it.
I am very constipated though, sense starting sub 9/8/16 I've had only 2 BM's. Pretty gross to think I could possibly have 8 or more pounds of fecal matter stuck in my intestine, sorry I know TMI.
Anyway if u lost weight & don't like it can I suggest drinking ENSURE it will pack on some pounds rather quickly.
And if u r happy about the weight loss then YAY, what a great extra suboxone bonus :-)
Take care everyone