It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I was on Sub maintenance I posted that I went on Medifast, which is 800-1000 calories a day and was originally prescribed by doctors for patients who needed rapid weight loss. I followed it to the letter and only lost about half a pound a week - and quit after about 3 months because it wasn't worth the expense. That post kind of started a shit storm, with some people saying they gained weight on Suboxone & some saying they couldn't gain.

Anyway, I don't want to start that again, but I went for a full physical last week for the first time since I went off of maintenance 2 years, 10 mos. ago. I was down 15 pounds WITHOUT TRYING.
I've NEVER lost weight without trying, even as a teenager. I'm not really heavy, so 15lbs is a lot for me.

I don't have any medical issues & my other meds aren't significantly different. The only thing different is the Sub. I know people will reply that there is no scientific evidence linking Sub & weight gain. Anecdotally, I do remember other women in my Sub group struggling with weight gain. Usually it was women over 35, although one young woman in her 20's gained something like 50lbs (maybe she switched her addiction to food).

For me, maybe it was because the last year or more on Subs I virtually didn't do anything. I spent half my life on the couch. So maybe it's just a matter of being up and out and doing things.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:58 pm 

Hey Lil, I have gained some weight since starting suboxone but really don't think it's related to the suboxone. I am also in menopause and the osteoarthritis in my knees has been really slowing me down. My goal for 2016 is to get healthy and stay there!