It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Weight Gain?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:27 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello,

I have been off of suboxone for a little over two months and have gained about 5 lbs, which is very stressful for me. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Weight Gain?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:46 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I initially lost about 5 pounds due to feeling like crud during the withdrawals the first couple of weeks. Fast forward a few weeks and I started getting crazy junk food cravings especially for sweets and salty foods like Doritos etc. I put on a couple of pounds, but recently have really clamped down on the diet and am eating really healthy/clean food and weight is coming off again.

I feel for you as I am of the hard to do diet body type , but I am getting success with exercise and diet, it just takes a lot of effort but worth it. Good luck :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I stated it in sub very unhealthy and waaay too thin for my tall 5'9 frame at about 120 lbs. During active addiction I hardly atea thing because food in my belly would screw up my high. Really messed up thinking, I now realize of course. I didn't take long to start feeling and eating normally again, and I'm now 160 pounds almost a year later, so yes I've gained weight because of taking sub, but only because it put my addiction in remission and gave me back my sanity and appetite. It bothered me a little at first until I saw pictures of how gross I looked when I thought my thin figure was so cute, IT WASN'T!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:20 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi,

To clarify, I was on Suboxone for 6 1/2 years. I started on 8 mgs and over the years, I gradually tapered down. July 5th I decided it was time to jump and it wasn't a completely terrible experience. However, in July within (3) days, I gained about 5 lbs, yes, I was premenstrual, but it won't go away.

What I eat overall through the day has not changed much, but my eating times have changed. I used to take suboxone twice a day and my eating was centered around it. In the morning I would eat breakfast around 7, take my sub dose, and then eat lunch at 11, take my sub dose, and not eat again until 4 because I found that if I ate, it would reduce the effects I would feel from the sub. Now, I eat pretty much the same amount, but when I am hungry.

Any similar experiences?