It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 24 to 0 in 2 weeks....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've been back on Sub for 3 days, I'm seeing my MD tomorrow. I really want out of this corner I've boxed myself into. I'm not looking for the easy way, I don't expect any part of this to be easy. I've been looking at all of the old "Rapid Detox Charts" most were made before the Film which is much easier to deal with but I can find anything current.

I admit I'm still a little foggy headed, just looking for a door.

Any suggestions other than don't do it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mitch wrote:
I've been back on Sub for 3 days, I'm seeing my MD tomorrow. I really want out of this corner I've boxed myself into. I'm not looking for the easy way, I don't expect any part of this to be easy. I've been looking at all of the old "Rapid Detox Charts" most were made before the Film which is much easier to deal with but I can find anything current.

I admit I'm still a little foggy headed, just looking for a door.

Any suggestions other than don't do it?

I'm sorry, but I'm not completely understanding. Did you jump off 24 mg and then go back on?

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My apologies, I had been taking 50mcg Fentanyl per day (every 24 hr) I did not like feeling like a half wit all day pain or no pain. I have had some success with suboxone before so I was saving it as an escape. I haven't made too many good decisions lately but I had faith in sub. I took my first dose last Fri. It turned out it took 24mg to keep me semi comfortable.

Im seeing my MD tomorrow about the increase adjustment and counsel. I want off this hell ride. It seems like the pain is a welcome trade off until I get there and then it just eats away at me. I know Suboxone can be used in short term and long term rolls. I have heard of methods that take 2 weeks. The last 4 days I have been very fogy headed and Im struggling. Yes I would like to start a radical reduction within the next 2 weeks and I would like to be done in 2 weeks... I know It wont be easy, I don't expect it to be.

I know I'm being impatient and unrealistic, I know there are people on the board that know boatloads about sub management. Im not looking for the easiest, Im looking for the fastest. Im still groggy, like I said Im just looking for the door.

A couple of years ago I started at 8mg and spent 1 1/2 years tapering, after a couple of months (not nearly long enough) I caved into the pain starting with a very low dose of norco which very quickly got out of control.

I hope this helps to clear things up, Im not usually this stupid... Ill just say Ive had better days.