It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 12 weeks!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello friends,

I decided to start a new thread because my other one was getting rather long...

So today makes 12 weeks! I am feeling a lot better, but still wouldn't say normal because I'm pretty sure I never have been. I still am sneezing some days more than others but nothing like early on. And my temperature seems to have mostly regulated. I'm hardly ever getting goosebumps unless I'm truly cold. And being cold is fine by me after those hot sweltering summer days! Still some stomach issues, but they seem to be very slowly improving. And I'm still waking up ten plus times a night, but for me that's always been the case.

As for psychologically, I have not had any urges to use any opiates. My mood seems to have improved, and others have noticed this too. Last night a friend told me I'm handling things more calmly now. I think this is all attributed to being on wellbutrin, talking to my therapist, and feeling better physically.

My daughter has been coming home for visits every week and they have been going well. There is still some major conflict between the two girls, but my older one seems to be handling it better. I don't know if this will continue once she's home and it starts happening on a regular basis though. She was supposed to start therapy, but they "forgot" to take her to three appointments so now they won't take her back and she has to get in somewhere else. I'm pretty frustrated about that. I was hoping she was going to get started with that before returning home. And we're having a meeting next week about what she has to do to get home, and they told her to make a goal date is 10 days. So that is what she's going to say, 10 days. So she may be coming home sooner than I originally thought, and my feelings about that are very mixed.

Post subject: Re: 12 weeks!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:24 am 

Hey qom,
Really glad you ve come on here to let others know how it has been for You. That seems to be the question. How will the WD be for me". How loug till I feel well"?etc..

Dr J has written many times that the acute wd can last for two weeks or so but it ll take 12 weeks to get back to fairly normal state of being.
You sound like you ve made it to this "normal" state.
Much more to do and go though Im sure but hats off to you and your recovery. Recovery is a loug road. It is who we become aloug the way that matters.
We stopped drugs so now it is up to us to stay in an environment that will support a clean life. Keep on keepn on qom.! :D

Razor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:19 pm 

Hey Qom, I'm really happy that your recovery off sub is going well! Great job!

It's disappointing that juvie "forgot" to take her to her therapy appointments! I definitely understand your ambivalence about having her come home in 10 days.

I remember you saying that your older daughter's behavior came on very suddenly. Is it possible that she was assaulted or hurt in some way? I'm sure it's very hard to even think of that idea, but it is one reason that behavior can change suddenly. I certainly hope that your daughter hasn't undergone that kind of trauma. If you guys start family counseling and have individual sessions, you might want to bring up the possibility to her counselor.

Keep up the good work, Qom! You're doing great things!!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:10 pm 

Qom that's awesome news!! It's truly inspirational to hear ur journey and how ur feeling at this stage. It definitely makes me feel more hopeful if I ever decide to taper off suboxone. Positive posts like urs makes me very happy. Good luck with ur daughter also. Have a wonderful day!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:41 pm 

Hi Qom, I am so happy to hear that you are srating to feel like"normal" I am very sorry to hear about this situation with your daughter! It is so frustrating when the system does not follow through on their part. She needs to have those therapy sessions under her belt when returning to your home. That would really help! I wish you all the luck and will be praying that her transition will go smoothly for you both!