It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BG

Thank you for posting an update! I am so happy you didn't have crappy nurses & doctors. I agree that your being honest helped.

Isn't it amazing how much you instantally love that baby, it's a love like no other. Enjoy your little girl and if you get time update us.

Are you still taking the tiny bit of sub? Just curious...

Congratulations!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:18 pm 

Congratulations!!! Both on your baby girl and on the positive outcome of your honesty!

Thanks so much for letting us know what happened. Enjoy that beautiful baby!

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Babygirl6412 wrote:
Thank you so much everyone for your support. I would just like to say I had a beautiful baby girl the 17th. She didn't show any signs of NAS except for sneezing. She also has excessive sucking. But it may just be how she is, because in her ultrasounds she was always sucking her thumb. But she is very healthy! I was very worried about CPS seeing how I didn't have a script.. But I suppose my honesty really helped me in this situation. I told my OB about the suboxone and when asked questions at the hospital I was up front and honest.. They did drug test me and I failed for sub. But that was all that was in my system. They took mercy on me and spared me the stress of CPS. My nurse was amazing. It was really stressful counting down the days of my pregnancy because I didn't have a script. But everyone was incredibly nice and understanding and I am really grateful!!! And I love my baby girl so much!!

I'm so glad it went well! Congratulations! Did your family know anything? Or was it just between you and the doctor/nurses? I know you were concerned about that. I am so happy that everything was okay with your baby girl.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yay! I'm so excited to see that everything went well!

Your doctor and nurses all deserve a big hug. I'm so happy that they made this whole process easier for you.

Wasn't that sweet little baby worth all of the worry you went through? :D

Give her a big squeeze from all of us here today BG! She is such a little blessing.

Q

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW BABY GIRL! YAY! I'm really happy and relieved to hear that all worked out well for you and your baby. Now that she's here and you have the stress of worrying about NAS and CPS behind you, have you given any thought to finding a doctor to obtain a prescription for buprenorphine?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Awww thank you so much everyone for the congrats and wishes :) my baby girl is now 2 weeks and she's doing amazing. She's such a big girl already! She already holds her head up when I burp her! I love her so so much.

I didn't really explain the whole experience but, I would like to so that I can hopefully help the next person who may be in the same situation. I was terrified my entire 3rd trimester. My OB left it to me to kick the habit, and I actually thought I had it in me to come clean on my own. But I was wrong, and that left me STRESSED TO THE MAX the closer my due date was arriving. I even went as far as going 3 days without the suboxone, trying to come clean but I was absolutely miserable and wasn't for sure if it would affect how I would push. (I had no energy whatsoever) I've been on suboxone for 2 years, with no script. I only take a quarter, sometimes less than that, a day. (2mg) I did wean myself to almost nothing but the tiniest bit made me feel a thousand times better.

Anyways the last dose I had before labor, was the night before I went to be induced. (I was 1 week and 2 days over) I peed in the cup they gave me. (And they didn't even watch me! So sneaking in a pregnant friends pee would have been an idea lmao) but anyway I peed and they took it. A lady then came in my room and asked me a million questions about allergies, family history, and medical things. She then asked if I was taking any medications regularly. I was hesitant but I told her about the suboxone.

They hooked me up to everything and then I was in labor for 37 hours. When time for my epidural the anesthesiologist then asked me about my medical history. I was honest. She told me the epidural may have a chance of not working because of the suboxone. I didn't believe her because almost EVERY post I read in the suboxone forums said that the sub had no affect on the epidural. They were WRONG! After the meds from the spinal wore off-leaving just the epidural- my contractions were just as painful as just before the procedure. I told my dr and the anesthesiologist came back to give me a different med that, THEN worked awesomely. But for those who question suboxone and the epidural, it DOES affect it. It will not work as well-or at all. (At least not for me) but if you are on subutex, you will be fine!

I was just really really lucky to have such an amazing staff working those nights. The nurse was so down to earth. And also, no my family didn't know anything about the suboxone. I told my OB I wanted it to stay confidential. They did an awesome job with that. My husband was very supportive and knew my whole situation.

I was so blessed. They kept score for NAS and she only scored 1 each time. We even got to go home the VERY next day!
I do still continue to use Bupe and going to the clinic is definitely up in the air. I hope that this helps someone. I really lucked up, but If anyone else is in my situation PLEASE go to the clinic as soon as possible. Don't do what I did and not get help. It's really hard to quit on your own. And then it's just a lot of useless stress.

Again thank you so much for your support! It's so great to talk about this openly and not be judged.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:08 pm 

They've definitely changed epidurals from when I had one in 1998. Back then they didn't mix in the narcotics, but the other meds they used really deadened you! Since then, and because of the rise of c-section rates (which I ended up having) they have changed the formula so that a laboring woman can still feel some of what is going on. I think the idea is that if you can feel more of what's going on in your body, you are better able to push, etc.

What they ended doing for you, therefore, was to make your epidural more like they were back in the 1990s, without the narcotic component.

It's a good warning for others who are getting epidurals. It could be in the previous epidural success stories while on suboxone, that the anesthesiologist changed the formula because she knew the narcotic portion wouldn't be effective.

Amy