It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 6 weeks/no sub
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:22 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Six weeks of withdrawal have finally come to an end. I went to sleep at 9 oclock last night and had no trouble sleeping until almost 8 this morning. I woke up once around 3 and turned the tv on for half an hour, but part of me feels like that is just a bad habit now. I woke up and ate breakfast without too much trouble, I think its finally over with. Part of me has really just been dwelling on the 6 week mark because they had told me specifically to expect it to take that long, I cant argue with their numbers. I wish I could tell all of you who are tapering that 6 weeks is an exaggeration, its not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So glad you're doing better. Thanks for sharing your story with us - keep us posted on how you're doing.

Melissa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well done on making it to 6 weeks, and I'm glad you're feeling better.

I know (from experience) that going thru 6 weeks of withdrawal is not fun, but I also recognize that the fact we made it through means that we are in a much better place than we were before Suboxone. In other words, I have no idea how long PAWS would have lasted if I had just quit my drug of choice cold turkey, because I never made it through without relapsing.

But you did make it, and that's wonderful. I am now five months off of Suboxone and I feel better than ever. Keep working on your recovery and taking care of yourself, and let us know how things go for you.

-Jack Kornfield

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:57 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Its been great. I dont know that I'll be on here everyday like I have been over the past few months, but I will definitely drop in whenever I feel like I pass another milestone or two. Ya'll take it easy until then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:20 am 
Yes fourtwenny, please do pop in once in a while to let us know how you are doing!! It would be great if you have time every couple weeks or once a month at least if that's possible. I so much want to know how folks do over longer time periods after they're finished with Suboxone.
I'm glad for you that you're reached this milestone successfully. And all the best to you as you go forward!