It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:12 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Today is 16 days on Sub now and feeling great. I still am so amazed at, for me, how easily the change over from 75mg methadone to sub was. 6 days off of methadone and only mild w/d. I did use a total of 6-vicodins over the 6 days to ease some w/d symptoms but i doubt it really did much with my tolerance fairly high. what I take away from that experience is some self efficacy....I know that when it comes time to taper off of Sub, if I do, then I know I can do it, too.

thanks Cwake18 for responding to my dream/freak fest question. I've tried to research if it could be attributed to the sub and I have found many who say they have had similar experiences...some talking in their sleep feeling the dream was real and being seemingly awake to those around them...it was odd and scary is all. I've racked my brain to try to remember that night but have nothing. I have not had the experience since Saturday night.

I feel fairly stabilized on the Sub now...maybe it hasn't been long enough but each day seems pretty much like the one previous and I am able to all I want to do...I have energy, motivation and I hope that continues. As i said before i didn't realize how apathetic I had gotten on the Methadone. But that's just me. Not saying everyone will be. And I do believe methadone worked for me, it did its job and that is take me off the roller coaster nightmare of active addiction, going to ER's and urgent cares, lying, manipulating, all those sick behaviors. I was able to get back and work a program in recovery and for me it is partially doing 12 step work. its funny, I used to just hate AA/NA. I'd always say, yes it works but its not for me, even though it saved my life initially many years ago when i first got clean and sober. I now have come to appreciate what it means to work the steps and for me how important looking at my behavior and thinking is and being open to changing those things that aren't working for me any more. I'm in the process of doing another 4th step...altho i have stopped working on it while inducting on Sub. I go to meetings and had been going to counseling weekly but now that I am off methadone that has stopped. My sub dr. is a psychotherapist but doesn't really treat addiction more than prescribing Sub and dealing with those issues.

The point of this is that I want to encourage people who are still not sure what to do...either in active addiction or on methadone maintenance. I wouldn't propose that anyone just make the swtich to sub from methadone if they are stable on methadone. that decision needs serious consideration obviously. But if you are thinking about it and are afraid of the pwd or don't want to taper or whatever my experience was a good one. Again, my experience only. I am very happy to have made the switch to sub. I am amazed at the changes in just 16 days. I feel healthy again. I've lost some of the methadone weight and every day is getting better on that front. I'm eating healthy again and while on Methadone my diet was atrocious. I'm working out again, too. I'm happier, feel stable emotionally (except for that freaking dream) and just feel balanced again. I don't have the anger I had on the higher dose of methadone. I have more patience and a better ability to make sound decisions. Maybe that all sounds drastic and over the top but for me on 75mg of methadone I was just not there.

thanks for those of you who have encouraged me and written to me. I really appreciate it. And Cwake 18 congratulations on 23 days of sobriety! Good job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:04 pm 
This is awesome chinagirl!! Im so glad you are stable an doing well!! Theirs one thing you mentioned that i remember very well in the beginning of sub. For me, everything constantly improved from the time i started sub but it wasnt until about the end of the 2nd maybe 3rd month that i started to notice bigger changes. Every single month it seemd like i kept making more and more progress. It was weird to actually see and feel the progress and it was a constant thing for awhile. Basically until i got to the point im at today where i feel i am fully recovered. No i dont mean cured. I just mean fully well mentally. It is such a great feeling and i personally never thought this day would come but it has and i could not be more happy with the decision i made about sub. I am so glad you are doing well and i wish you nothing but the best!! Take care!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:35 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Thanks Lifesaver! appreciate the encouragement...