It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:35 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Ok I'm starting to get a little freaked out. I'm 22 weeks pregnant, this is my first Suboxone baby. I take about 1mg a day. I told my ob I take Suboxone but I also tol them I have a script. The only reason I told them I have a script is because I planned on getting one right after I left the apt but we is hit major money issues (it costs 140 every two weeks ) so I've been putting it off. I have an ultrasound apt next week and I think I might just come completely clean and say I had planned on getting a script and still do and what are my outcomes. He's a nice OB do and said he deals with Suboxone patients all the time but I'm super worried about involvement with CPS. I already know they will be called with or without a script Im worried they will go crazy on me tho since I got my script so far into my pregnancy. Advice plz I'm also in Ohio, delivery in Toledo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If he has dealt with moms taking Suboxone then he should know who is prescribing it. Perhaps they can give you a direct referral. Some of us try to keep a couple of slots open to accommodate expectant moms. I suspect they know, because a quick check of the state database would reveal that you didn't have an Rx.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:36 pm 

I think that's ur best bet, what docm2 said. I'd assume ur OB can recommend a doctor for u. Getting into see a doctor is pretty important at this point and I wish u all the success in the world! Try not to stress over it too bad, things usually have a way of working out.

Docm2 that's so awesome that some doctors leave a few spots open for expectant mothers!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:55 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Ugh that's not the point of my post lol, it's about CPS and their involvment. I know where and how to get a script, I'm seeing if anyone has gotten one half way through their pregnancy and what happened

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Each state is different. Here, Minnesota, if you have a script and are under a providers care CPS will do an interview, confirm the information and move on. The key is to have a prescription. If getting it off the street then you are treated like anyone else using an illicit substance. Starting midterm, in their view is very positive and they are quite supportive.
Hopefully, someone in Ohio can give you more information.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:21 am 

U have a doctor answering ur post Robyn, can't get much better feedback than that.