It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:30 am 
New Poster
New Poster

My name is Ashley, im 22 years old. Ive had trouble with being addicted to pills for about a year and a half. Me and my boyfriend decided to start taking subutex about 5 months ago to stay off of pills. I would of quit taking subutex right away but I did not find out I was pregnant until I was 8 weeks and I have read alot of stuff about not quitting while being pregnant. I only do 1 to 2 mg per day and I do not have a prescription. I feel like a piece of s*** because I told myself I would never do anything while being pregnant and im also scared to death of dcs getting into my life because ppl have told me they drug test everytime u go to the baby doctor and my obgyn has no knowledge of me taking subutex. I would feel alot better going to the subutex doctor and I plan on it (just dont have money for visit at this moment) but it makes things 10 times worse that my boyfriend is going to the doctor to get a script for this in the morning. He has told me that I have to quit 5 days before my next obgyn visit so this way I will be clean if they drug test me. I have tryed to tell him numerous times that it is way more important for me to go to the subutex doctor before him and that I dont need to go through with drawals, im terrified of my baby being in any pain and stressed out to no end about all of this. I honestly cant handle going through with drawals, cause today is the first day I havent had anything (the guy I usually buy them from is out) and I feel like I am dying and this is only my first day. I plan on getting right back on them in the morning when he gets his script but I really dont know what to do. It sucks even worse that next Friday I have to take a drug assessment for probation and im scared they will drug test me cause I already failed my last last drug test at probation, im very thankful because he let me slide and I explained my situation to him (I will be off probation after I complete this assessment) but that following monday is when I go back to the obgyn. I feel like I have no choice but to quit, I refuse to go to jail for failing this test but im so tore up about hurting my baby in anyway with wd. I really dont know what to do.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree that you need to find a doctor to prescribe, and fast!! There are a lot of programs/doctors that take pregnant women for cheap/free and all doctors put priority on pregnant women, so you will get in right away. You are right about it being dangerous to quit for the baby. Please make some phone calls to clinics/doctors in your area... Hopefully you can find one before you get in trouble, but you need to stay on subutex -preferably legally - for your baby.