It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:58 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am 23 weeks pregnant with my third child. This is my first pregnancy while taking Subutex. I was told the dose of Subutex has no effect on the level of withdrawal (if any) for the infant and the research I found also supports this notion. Any thoughts? I am currently at 24mg, which I think is a pretty high dose. Prior to being pregnant I was never on more than 8mg. In fact, I was on 6mg for an entire year with absolutely no cravings. Once I became preganant, my cravings went out the roof, hence the drastic increase in dose. My doctor assures me that the dose will have no negative impacts on the baby, but I still have my concerns. I have noticed though that the baby does not move any more or less contingent upon the dose I am taking. That's a good sign, right? Anyway, just some thoughts....thanks for listening, or should I say reading?
Kim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:13 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Feeling the baby move is always a good sign!!!!! I know that is the one thing that will really help me once it happens with this pregnancy, and should help me to stay clean and sober :) Congrats on your little healthy baby, and your efferts to recover! Your life (and mine) will be so much better for our children once we beat this debilitating disease. Hang in there and so will I :wink: