It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Some back info- I beg you not to judge. I am a meth and opiate addict and have been for 8 years. I have been on suboxone twice with clean periods past a year. I was heavily using meth when I found out I was pregnant with my third baby. I stopped using completely the day I found out I was pregnant but relapsed on opiates about a month and a half ago after my baby's father left. Hydrocodone was my problem and I was taking 10-15 10mg a day. I was honest and upfront with my ob and she urged me to get on suboxone immediately and referred me to a dr. They were supposed to call with an appointment but when I called them back they said they never received my medical records. I was so defeated I honestly just gave up. My supply ran out and I was forced to withdrawal. It was a nightmare and the only way I could deal with it was to take large doses of gabapentin to ease my symptoms (I also as much as I am horribly ashamed to admit it, drank a few times). At my last ob appt this week my dr said something has to be done ASAP because the hospital she delivers at has no nicu and it's just unsafe. I had to drs office resend my records again and I called the sub dr/high risk ob/gyn and BEGGED! This time they took all my info and said they would give it to the nurse who would schedule an appropriate appointment for me. I plan on calling twice a day until I get in but I am guessing it is going to be at the very minimum 2+ weeks before I can get in. I have two sons aged 7&8 and I am seriously falling apart. I'm at the very end of my rope. I can't take the anguish and guilt and cravings. I'm terrified the dr won't prescribe me suboxone since I am past withdrawal but I know it is SO unsafe to continue taking these other drugs and relapsing constantly. I'm at a loss and sometimes I just wish I were dead. Is there any other options!? Would a larger hospital put me on methadone temporarily if I went to the ER saying I had withdrawal? I'm so scared, I don't know how I'm going to make it I really, really don't and I'm on the verge of a total breakdown. I have Medicaid and finding a dr to take me is like pulling teeth and I am willing to travel anywhere in my state.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:34 pm 

Hey Pink and welcome to the forum!!

Congrats on the baby first off, I know ur under tons of stress right now and ur feeling very unblessed but you'll get through this I promise. I've been in ur shape (minus the pregnancy) where ur past withdrawal but still having horrible cravings and depression not wanting to even see another day. Imo I think u still should get suboxone prescribed to u because ur in danger of relapse. What I'd do if I were u is call every sub Dr and clinic u can find. Explain ur situation, tell them u keep relapsing and ur pregnant and make sure they take ur insurance. Make an appointment with every single one. Then call ur ob bk with the one that can get u in the quickest and ask them to call too and that will possibly rush them even quicker. Honestly ur in a situation where u should be bumped to the top of the list.

I sure hope u can get into somewhere quick, I remember those feelings of hopelessness and it pretty much takes the ability to function day to day away. Plus taking care of two boys one yr apart is probably very difficult with everything u got going on mentally right now. Hang in there pink, things will get better. Just be relentless in calling doctors, there's one out there. Until then, good luck.