It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and have been on suboxone for 1 year. I started at 8 mg a day and am now down to .5 a day the most .75 a day. (not 4mg-.5mg) (I have the new strips not the pill so I am able to break it down a lot easier. I get 8mg strip then cut in quarters, then cut the quarters in half then the halfs in half again and so on.). I've been taking this amount for a week, I'm down from 1mg a week before (and feel fine). I do not want to stay on this during my pregnancy. My question is should I keep taking the .5 and continue to ween until after the 1st trimester then stop. Or should I just try and get off when I get down to .25. I am concerned about withdrawels affecting my unborn child especially in the first trimester. I will assume that if I continue to take .5 and get down to .25 or less every couple of days the withdrawels will be mild and tolarable. Also if the withdrawels do turn out to be bad is there anything I can take to help with the withdrawels while I'm pregnant. If anyone can help me figure out what to do here I would really appreciate it. (I am going to stop taking these at some point during my pregnancy just need to know when would be the safest for my unborn child)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi again, kimbud - I responded to your other post on the same topic just a little while ago. Instead of repeating myself here I'll just direct you to that one. The only other thing I'll add is that I think (I'm no doctor) that it's safe to take Clonodine during pregnancy to help with the discomfort of withdrawals.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.