It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:10 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Yes hi everyone I'll be 12 weeks pregnant this friday on march 28 2014. I'm due October 10 2014. I have so many concerns. This will be my 3rd child. But the 1st one having on subutex. I'm glad ice signed up here came across this site seems awsome. Ok my questions. Will I'll be able to recive and epidural? And after I give birth will I be able to have pain meds after wards because after my son was born he was 8lbs even and so much pqin afterwards and bloodclot I had to have remove after him in my vaginal. I know I'll need pain relief I'm a wimp with pain. So would they offer any pain meds to take at hospital and at home. I'm in Cincinnati ohio. Please help and thank u so much in advance. Brandee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:56 pm 

Hi Brandee, and welcome to the forum! Sorry you haven't had any responses so far. Your questions are common ones and can be answered by reading the threads in this section. BTW, I moved this thread to the proper topic area.

Being a man and not a doctor, I will leave this discussion to those who are more qualified. Read the threads, watch the videos. Research, it's all here.

Welcome once more,

rule

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:55 am 

Don't worry, Rule. Brandee asked the same questions on another thread and Dr. J jumped in to provide her with information! :)

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll put in another plug for http://www.suboxsearch.com. You can search specifically the blog or the forum, for words like 'pregnancy'-- and you'll find tons of info.

Yes to the epidural, by the way.

The biggest danger to women delivering on buprenorphine comes from uninformed doctors, who throw all sorts of monitoring and tapers on babies who would be much better off, just breast feeding and going home. Find a doctor who is able to 'chill out' on the buprenorphine issue.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Although I've yet to have my baby (hopefully within the next couple of days!), I've read several different stories from women on subutex. You can get an epidural, but I've read some women getting pain meds after delivery and some women only getting extra subutex and Motrin.
This is something you'd need to discuss with your OB. It's obvious they all have their own opinions.
Good luck though! :)