It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

1234km, You are doing such a great job so far! Keep it up I know you can do it! You at least have a few more weeks at least so don't worry too much. I know this totally sucks, but we are trying to do what is best for our babies, and I really hope I can do this in time. I am still struggling at 1.5mg and I am at 36 weeks! I am really freaking out, but I know in order for this to be successful I have to be stable at my dose before I can go lower. I just fpund out I may have to have a csection, which is stressing me out more, but either way I am gonna be nervous about giving birth which I think is pretty normal. I had my son 15 years ago, and that was not as bad as I thought. Ayway, you have come so far and your doing great! Best wishes with your baby, and I am also starting to get weekly stress tests too. I will be looking to see your updates on how your doing! I feel so much better knowing I am not alone! :-)
jennjenn thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement! It really helps a lot! :-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's 600am where I'm at and I've been up since about 3. I made the mistake of taking a little extra last night which I thought would have gotten me through the night comfortably, obviously not!!

8am can't come fast enough. I'm at .75mg but not yet stable. Dealing with some RLS and sneezing but most of it is mental. Like when I get frustrated with my toddler or need to get something done I want to reach for more or my dose early. Which really screws me up......which is evident with what's happened to me tonight.

Hopefully sleep will come.......

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just got back from the parnetologist and I ended up telling her about the Subutex but only because I have a slight complication that could cause stillbirth and I wanted to make sure continued tapering wouldn't exacerbate that. And it won't. But she said something interesting, that ideally subutex should be stopped by 34 week to assure neonatal w/d doesn't happen. But she also said that I'm at such a low dose already that it shouldn't be a worry anyway.

Personally, I think 34 weeks is overkill. Especially if you do a proper taper and get low before you jump. She also said that the jury is still out on what's better in pregnancy, opiates or subutex. That studies are still being done. I also don't really believe that.

But she was actually very nice and treated me almost better after I told her about the taper. She seemed impressed that I've done it and told me so and that she was proud. So that made me feel much better about my decision to do it.

We also made a round about date for the c section, which will be around Oct 1. So that's also good because it gives me a for sure date to look at as I taper and I now know how much wiggle room I have...... Lol which is none.

.75 mgs 3x a day (morning, afternoon and evening) and I'm doing ok. Plan to decrease on Friday to .5mg

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

1234km,That's great that your parnatologist appointment went well, and now you know exactly how much time you have to work with until your big day! At this point I am at 37 weeks, and still struggling at 1mg. I have been having really bad panic attacks and am trying to cope with the terrible anxiety. The withdrawals are only bad mostly in the morning when I wake up. At this point I doubt I will be off by the time I deliver. My due date is October 5th, and you are having your baby on October 1st, so maybe we will deliver in the same week.It is now 5am, I can't sleep and I am trying to just pass the time. Not being able to sleep is the worst! I just can't wait to get all this over with, and just feel like myself again! I am so nervous about having a baby, and so nervous as to what the future holds. I just hope and pray, that she doesn't have withdrawals, and if she does I hope they are very mild, because I am at a pretty low dose. I dunno, I have a friend who had three babies on subutex, and she was on like 16 mg the whole time, and none of her babies have had NAS. Then again, I have read of women on 2mg having babies that did have NAS, and had to stay in NICU, so it definetly does depend on each individual situation, and there is no way to tell. I know exactly what you mean, when you want to get something done, and you want to take a little more or dose early. I am finding it very difficult to get anything at all done, and its so tempting to just take a little more to give you that extra motivation and push you need. I always have to stop myself, and just keep myself busy and occupied doing anything to distract myself and pass the time, until I can take my second daily dose. I know the times I did wind up doing a little extra, I just felt guilty. Anyway, sorry if I am rambling I think I am a bit delirious from no sleep,lol. Talk to you soon! :-)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dawn, don't beat yourself up too much if your not off completely. Just get down as low as you can. Don't stop tapering just because you don't think you can't be off completely, it will be better for the baby and for your post op pain the less your taking if you have a c-section. That's all I'm trying to do, if I get off completely, GREAT, if not, the lower the better.

And I totally know what you mean about taking a little extra and the w/D's being the worse in the morning. Same for me. My plan is to take always take 3 doses a day, but more often than not, I take my first .25 in the early morning like 6 and it helps a little but not totally so I usually end up taking my afternoon dose by like 9 or 10. Which helps me to get up and get going. But that makes the rest of the day hard because I only have .25 until the following morning.

About taking a little extra to feel better..... For me at least, it rarely makes me feel better just guilty. I try really hard to occupy myself with something else and that helps a lot. Also I notice when I really don't want to get up and get going but I do, I feel much better and the w/D's that I was feeling go away.

Keep up the good work Dawn, we both know how hard this is, especially with the added pains of late pregnancy. Which btw if you think about are a lot like w/d's, insomnia, RLS, stomach issues, headaches. Just multiply it all by 2!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:46 am 

I remember it was hard for me to even walk the last few weeks of pregnancy....very difficult. For u guys to go through this on top of that is just amazing to me. So ur definitely strong ladies.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for your support from 1234km and jenn jenn! I am trying not to beat myself up too much, that I probably won't be totally off this crap before I deliver. I am just gonna do the best I can, and try to get as low as possible. I am still struggling at 1mg! The added symptoms of late pregnancy are definitely not helping! At this point it feels like time is frozen, and just dragging on. I am absolutely miserable, mentally, physically, and emotionally. Just doing the smallest daily chores seem impossible. All I want to do is lay in bed. I feel super depressed, and useless. My anxiety is thru the roof as well. I keep telling myself, this too shall pass, which reminded me of one of your recent posts! When your going thru tough times like this though, it feels like it will never get better, but I know it will. I just want to feel like myself again!! Sorry for the ranting post but it feels a little better just to vent,lol. Talk to you soon!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dawn I know what you mean about the depression. I have usually been lucky in the depression department, if i've ever been depressed it was only in the w/d process or the postpartum baby blues and it has always been very quick, a day maybe two......and with the tapering process I get depressed and weepy, but it comes and goes. BUT I really feel for people who have clinical depression and live with it daily because it is NOT something I could live with!! The quick bouts that come and go as I'm tapering are enough for me!! BUT a good cry does always make you feel better.

How long have you been on 1mg Dawn? I'm kinda surprised that you haven't leveled out yet.......

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Also Dawn, do you find that it takes FOREVER for your dose to start making you feel better?? Sometimes it can take like 2 hours for me to feel better after I dose, so it really causes major discomfort if I wait too long. I find that i need to dose always at the same time because if I wait longer than usual I get sicker and sicker when I finally dose and find myself wanting to take more because I feel so bad........ Just wondering if you experience that? And are you dosing twice daily?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey 1234km, Yeah depression totally sucks that's for sure, and this tapering is not helping! To answer your question, Yes, I have noticed that sometimes it takes at least an hour or so after I dose until I start to feel better. I don't know if that has anything to do being pregnant? I have been at 1mg, twice a day now for about 4-5 days, and I am just starting to level out today. Last night was terrible I though, I had a panic attack, and felt like my heart was racing out of my chest. It was so scary and so bad, I almost wanted to go to the hospital, but I just dealt with it. I have been diagnosed with panic disorder, and used to take Xanax, and klonopin, but I detoxed off them over two years ago. I don't want to take benzos again, unless I really need to. I can't even really address this with my psychiatrist until I have the baby. Anyway, another thing I noticed is that my appetite is gone completely, like I have to make myself eat anything. When I don't eat though it makes me feel 1000 times shittier, though so I have to make myself eat something. Have you had this issue? I do try to dose each day at around the same time, but lately I have been waking up earlier and earlier each, feeling bad early in the morning, so I have been dosing .5mg once in the morning, and only have the .5mg to last until bedtime, which really screws me up. I have even been breaking up my doses into 3 times a day, at .5mg in the morning, then .25mg early evening, and another .25mg before bed. Anyway, I am starting at .75mg tomorrow, so we will see how that goes! Talk to you soon! :-)