It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:26 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well I finally did it! After tapering since June I jumped last Tuesday. I had some minor wds but NOTHING severe. The relief I feel at knowing my baby won't be at risk for NAS is indescribeable!!

I worked closely with my doctor and had some online help at another site and the taper paid off. I went down to about .25 or so and jumped. I was terrified that I'd get hit with severe wds. But having paid my dues with a long slow taper I managed to get off with minor wds. The first few days were the hardest but again nothing too bad. I also thank God! I'm not a religious person but I prayed hard to be able to get through this. Looks like He answered my prayers.

For you pregnant women on sub wanting off, get with your doctor and work out a reasonable taper. Freedom is possible! And the relief of finally being off is awesome! It was not "easy" but it was damn well worth it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm so glad to hear that it is possible to get off during pregnancy! How many mg did you start out on? Can you tell me how slow you tapered? I am now on 4 mg/day of subutex, 5 weeks pregnant and I want off! Its been such a struggle for me. I have 2 other kids so I absolutely cannot be sick. I appreciate any advice! Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself, and I am extremely happy for you! My heart breaks for all the mom's that spend their entire pregnancy worried and stressed out. A pregnancy should be an enjoyable experience and I am glad yours will be. If you have the time it could benefit a lot of soon to be moms to post your taper. There are members like above who would like to taper and do not know how. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm glad you're doing well. And of course it IS possible to taper off while pregnant. I don't think anyone ever said it wasn't possible. The thing every single pregnant woman on suboxone just needs to remember is that stopping during pregnancy is RISKY. While telling other moms-to-be that they CAN taper off sub while pregnant is great - and I think it is, I believe it's equally important to inform them of the very real risks involved - that's all.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. Be happy and be healthy. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:25 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

freebird, i would like to hear how you are doing now! i am 19 weeks pregnant and just completed a VERY SLOW taper (jumped from .25mg) i am also very relieved that i don't have to stress about giving birth on sub! i'm just curious to know how you and your baby are doing and if you decided to continue your sub therapy afterwards!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congratulations, Freebird! That's quite encouraging to know you were able to taper off while pregnant with minimal WD's. I love reading stories like these. I'm also pregnant (and its very early - 5 1/2 weeks) and I'm currently on 4 mgs a day. While I'm not being forced to taper, it would be nice to have the option if I decide I'm ready to do so over the next several months, specifically during my second trimester. I know that this definitely take great strength, courage and willpower, so kudos to you!
Just like others have responded, I would like to know where you started with subs and what your taper looked like - ie. how many days did it take, how often did you reduce your dose and how often? Also - keep us posted moving forward if you have time.