It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I actually did tell my doc that it was because of the support I found online that I realized I had all the right to feel what I was feeling. And to demand what I now know I need. So you all did help me so much! I was not expecting that much help! And I know I talk and complain and vent alot. I have burried and covered alot up this entire time... it is just kind of exploding out of me! So thank you for hanging in there with me, even through the non-medicine related stuff. You are all so great!
And what does "OP" mean?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:50 am 

Original Poster OP, another way of saying "you", but I'm liking Baby Gal. But, you are very welcome to choose a name that you prefer. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi all you wonderful ladies who helped me. I just wanted to let you all know I had my baby. 7 lb 5 oz and 21.5 inches. The staff was wonderful and we got to go home quickly (had her at 3am in the morn, stayed the following night and went home the next day). I am currently at the NICU, but she is being released today. She had jaundice but is doing well now. There are mild signs that could indicate withdraw, but nothing the doctors want to keep her for monitoring. They really appreciated how open i was and that i had my own knowledge to share.
My water broke but then labor didnt start by 10 hours later so i was induced. Once labor started it was about 11:30bpm and i had her at 3:05 am. No epidural. The contractions were brutal and only had 30 to 60 seconds in between during transition. It sucked.lol. Any way o just awanted to share my story!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:33 pm 

Pregnant&lost congrats!!!!! Happy Birthday to the baby :)

Thank u so much for sharing ur story with us. So glad to hear everything went well..... I'm sure the pain wasn't pleasant though ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

P&L,
Thx for the great update. Congrats. Did the dose increase do the trick? Wonderful no NAS. Did you use a doula? Were you able to manage your mother in law? Best, P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm so happy you came back to tell us how everything went!!! I've been waiting to hear it!! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy and proud!! Good job mommy!!! Yay!!

No epidural-OUCH!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:55 am 

I'm so proud of you!!! And I'm so glad we could help. I'm actually tearing up. Congratulations on your sweet baby!

If you're ever struggling again we are here for you!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am actually struggling with pain right now, mostly in my neck and mid back. It hurts in my neck to even chewfood. I am taking 800mg ibuprofen and tylenol inbetween. I am trying to stick to the 6mg sub a day, and i know from the research i did that now that i am postpartum the 6mg should be more then what i now need, yet by the end of the day i am feeling awful, so when i have to stay up in the wee hours of the morning i have been taking another 2mg. It helps. Not like an oxycodone would, and i can tell the ibuprofen has a better pain killing affect then the sub does, but the ibuprofen seems to loose is effect after 5 hours and can only be taken every 8 hours. And when i take the extra 2mg it does help me to loose what i assume is the sleep deprivation shaking and twitching and shivering,and helps me release tension from my neck. I feel like if i didn't have addiction issues my OB would prescribe me an opiate to help with pain management. I am going to the chiro too..i will have spent $100 in chiro visits after my visit tomorrow. I just don't know how to tell my doctor that i have been taking more. I don't know whether to tell my sub doc and my OB. Because i feel like it is needed both for pain due to delivery and pain that is exasperated by lack of sleep. But it is enough pain to make tears stream down my face and v sometimes cause nausea.
What are the thoughts on this? I an worried of i approach it i will be told no, i can't take more. And maybe at this point that will be ok, but i only did 6mg yesterday (so i didn't take one in the middle of the night) and i was in shit shape by morning. But i am also scared if i don't say anything and just run out early it will make the situation look worse.
Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:15 am 

In my opinion u should talk to ur suboxone doctor. U can also tell whatever other doctor u want but mainly ur suboxone doctor because that's who can help u figure out what dose is best.

If it were me, I'd take proof to ur sub dr of u seeing a chiropractor (paperwork etc). I'd tell him that most days I need an extra 2mg to make it through the day and it's making me run a little short. Ur doctor will either up ur dose to 8mg or say no. Either way, u tried and won't have to wonder anymore and can make another plan. If he says no then maybe take 4mg is the morning and the 2mg in the evening. That could possibly help with ur pain just as well as upping ur dose to 8.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:08 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I agree with everything jennjenn wrote. I would like to add--how can you get more sleep???? Where is your partner?? Can you both rotate nights to get up with baby??? Any friends, relatives that can come over so you can take a nap??? Loss of sleep causes so many problems for me so I get it. I need my sleep!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My husband is doing as much as he can. I am breast feeding and was instructed by the NICU (she had jaundice) to feed her every 2.5 to 3 hours. After being woken so many times it can be hard to fall back to sleep. Sometimes i just crash right away. But other times it is hard to go back in bed and just lay down...i need to eat first or play with my son or do paperwork stuff and then there is only an hour left until the next feeding and i don't want to bother going to sleep. It will get better i hope. I am kind of freaking out that my husband goes back to work tomorrow. He has been feeding my son and me and keeping things clean and when our baby is awake but not hungry he will keep her preoccupied while i sleep and make sure our son stays out of our room.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:44 pm 

Are you breaking up your dose during the day? The analgesic (pain relieving) function of buprenorphine only lasts 4 to 6 hours. Try taking 1.5mg every 6 hours and see if that helps with the pain.

Blood volume isn't totally back to normal until about a month after delivery.

How is bonding going? How does big brother like his new sister?

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:47 pm 

Consider hiring a postpartum doula for a few days when your husband goes back to work. Please consider doing this. They are trained to make your life so much easier! Can your mil take your son for a few hours here and there?

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:52 pm 

Another idea. Rent an electric pump from the hospital. Insurance will often pay for it. When your daughter is nursing, pump the other breast. This can not only help build up your supply, but it can allow someone else to feed the baby while you're sleeping. As long as she is not being confused by the change in nipples, this could be very helpful when, for example, your husband is home on the weekend to let you get extra sleep.

Amy

P.S. I again wish I lived close by so I could be your postpartum doula! I have doula training for labor and delivery, but also for postpartum and I've walked a bunch of fussy newborns for hours. My own granddaughter had terrible reflux as a baby. I recognized the symptoms I was seeing and they put her on medication, which made such a difference. Do you need support by phone?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Pelican wrote:
P&L,
Thx for the great update. Congrats. Did the dose increase do the trick? Wonderful no NAS. Did you use a doula? Were you able to manage your mother in law? Best, P

The dose increase helped greatly. I actually ended up taking 8mg for almost half the time and didn't even notice some how (though my dad did die and my son had his tonsels out).So my doctor understood entirely. I did use a doula and it was helpful. We all liked having her there. All but one of my family members were unhelpful (they were to emotional, i think due to my dad dieing just 2 weeks ago).so having a doula was great. Things went fine with the mother in law.
And i think she is having some NAS but don't know for sure. If she is it is mild. The NICU staff was not concerned enough to hold her for minitoring.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:18 pm 

I am so sorry that you lost your dad. So sorry. Was it sudden or had he been ill? I lost my mom 14 years ago. She died overnight.

Amy