It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello all
I'm 30 weeks pregnant and my doc decided to taper me OFF sub 2 weeks prior to my delivery ...!
I am not happy . I am currently at 2mg.
I feel like crap anyway and this just seems so fast but they're adamant about getting off before baby comes to avoid WD. I have been over this with the OB and her but they are agreeing to taper me off.
I have been given the clonodine patch and neurontin .
I am wondering if I taper down to a low dose - if anyone has used small amounts of methadone for a week only no longer- to get off the sub without terrible wd.
Anyone ? Any suggestions ? I would rather take methadone at a small dose around 5-10 mg than just continue the sub detox as sub this low gives me cravings and doesn't help at all anymore .
I need to do this right but the doc is just clueless and thinks it's easy to taper off subs like painlessly . I know nothing is painless but at this point , I had better results with a short methadone taper than this sub taper .
Please input here .
I came off second trimester for a bit but the wd got too bad and they kept me on.
I feel terrible guilty and all that crap .
Just let me know what you would do.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:53 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am 28 weeks pregnant and just tapered myself off subs. I didnt feel much discomfort until I got down to the 4th day of .5 mg. My stomach stayed upset for days and I lacked energy but I still went to work every day. I managed to get through it. Im not an expert but I dont think it would be the best idea to come off the subs at 38 weeks. That seems so late and I would want my baby to be under supervision in case he/she started going through withdrawals. I would taper really really slowly if you absolutely have to. Good luck and I hope everything turns out well for you and your little one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

lm574 wrote:
I am 28 weeks pregnant and just tapered myself off subs. I didnt feel much discomfort until I got down to the 4th day of .5 mg. My stomach stayed upset for days and I lacked energy but I still went to work every day. I managed to get through it. Im not an expert but I dont think it would be the best idea to come off the subs at 38 weeks. That seems so late and I would want my baby to be under supervision in case he/she started going through withdrawals. I would taper really really slowly if you absolutely have to. Good luck and I hope everything turns out well for you and your little one.

They are making me come off of it because they think it's best for baby.