It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:54 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I unexpectedly got pregnant while using suboxone without a script. I continued the use without a script up until I was 6 months because my plan was to quit before birth. I tried going cold turkey and was so uncomfortable that I was afraid for how the baby was doing. So I went to a Dr and got prescribed subutex but was having trouble coming up with the copayments. So he referred me to a county program which I am getting enrolled in now. But I'm down to about 2 mgs a day and desperately want to quit, despite my first Dr being against it and everyone telling me it's better to stay on. Well my boyfriend or family have no idea about my sub use. My family knows about my addiction issues in the past but didn't know I relapsed and got back on subs. My boyfriend knows my past as well but is totally against all drug use and I know he would assume subs are harmful and would think of me as abusing drugs the whole time. My OBGYN doesn't know either since my boyfriend is at every appt. So I'm so afraid to tell my boyfriend or obgyn, I don't want them to be upset I waited so long to say something. I want to quit but don't want to go into labor. I want to get opinions on if I stayed on a low dose like 1 mg and didn't tell my OBGYN or boyfriend (but had a legit script just incase) when I go into labor and my drs don't notice any withdraw symptoms will I get to take her home the next day? What would be the best way to tell my boyfriend about my sub use? Should I risk losing my boyfriend and daughters family life by telling him and staying on subs or is there a safe way to get off quickly?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi tropical

If your doc felt it was best to stay on then, imo it's the best thing to do. Whatever wd's you experience so does your baby. Telling your BF may be hard but he knew your past and you can tell him you started getting cravings & went on sub instead of using.

The baby is the most important now and iMovie it's better to stay on sub. Tell your BF then tell your ob-gyn in case you need a c-section.

If you read some threads in the pregnancy section you will see most had positive outcomes.