It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Soo after stressing and worrying FOREVER about getting off i can finally say I DID IT!! If any of u have read any of my past posts about wanting to get off i was a nervous wreck about doing it. But i can finally say i have been off of it for about a wk! The withdrawals are not as bad as i expected. Its mostly just horrible anxiety and thinking i need the suboxone. My stomach has been tore up and have had the sweats n just feeling uncomfortable but nothing unbearable! Im soo proud of myself and my little monkey will be born suboxone free and i dont have to worry about NAS or CPS!!! I am due January 16 and cant wait! Does anyone know how long the withdrawals last? And do they get any worse?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yay! I am so proud of you! I know this hasn't been easy for you and know how bad you wanted it. You stayed determined and you did it and can relax and enjoy the remainder of your pregnancy.

It depends on what dose you stopped at, how long you were on that dose and your own individual body chemistry to know how long your withdrawls will last and how bad they will get. I would say at a week out you have probably felt the peak and wouldn't think they will get worse. You stopped under 1mg right? When you get in the lower doses the long half life doesn't apply which is why you have likely been thru the worst of it.

I am sorry I haven't been in touch, I have been crazy busy! I just got your message yesterday and do intend to respond. You are doing great and I am so happy for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank u!! And yes i was under 1 mg. I was barely talking anything the piece was super small! The anxiety and zero energy is really whats killing me! And scared the baby can feel the withdrawals bc i do feel uncomfortable.. Im so ready to get this kid outta me! lol only a month left though! And he is a big boy! already over 5 pounds at 34 weeks! And its okayy whenever u get a chance we need to catch up!!!!!