It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Like I said,im 33 weeks pregnant and have been on 1/2 to maybe 1 8mg subutex for the past month,im worried that if I stop cold something bad will happen to my baby,if I was to stop now(I haven't had one in 2 days)will my baby still fail the drug test when born? Will I still fail that many weeks down the road? Will my baby be okay? I haven't been on them the whole time like most that's why im worried some of y'all can't relate to my story,this is my 3rd pregnancy, 3rd baby,my ob knows I did roxys in the beginning of my pregnancy so I look forward to them drug testing him when he's born,im so nervous, someone please helppp!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you cold turkey at this point in your pregnancy, yes, you will be putting a big risk on the baby. I'd advise against it, but then I'm no doctor. This is just based on my 3+ years of knowledge about suboxone.

You'll have to make the decision to tell your doctors that you're on it or not. You and the baby will be in better hands if you tell them, but I understand why you wouldn't want to.

Check out these blog entries by Dr. Junig on his Suboxone TalkZone blog: http://suboxonetalkzone.com/category/pregnancy/

They should give you lots of info and ease your mind. Good luck to you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks so much for replying! I've been feeling great,all I do now is eat and sleep! I have energy when I'm awake but just feel like sleeping constantly, I went to the doc this morning,my blood pressure was up but other than that everything was good,I only started doing them because I didn't want to relapse on the Roxy,i don't feel like I need the subutex and I've never felt I needed the Roxy either,I just don't want him to withdrawal,but then again I feel like I wasn't on them long enough? I just hope and pray im making the right decision, from what I've read from my understanding, as long as I feel okay,so does the baby,I know he's going to be healthy, he's above average in every ultrasound!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sounds like things are going well. Don't stress. Keep us posted, I am sure I am not the only one who would like to see updates on your little bundle! Babies make me happy :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Please do not stop taking the sub at this point, It will put the baby at risk and you def. dont want that. I just gave birth to a beautiful little girl 8 days ago and I took sub my whole pregnancy (16-24mg).. my daughter was born with no withdrawal symptoms at all, most babys born on sub do not suffer any withdrawal. The standard drug screen they give you in the hospital cannot detect sub because sub doesnt come up as an opiate. The hospital would need a special test to test for sub. Stopping sub is probably one of the worst choices you can make right now for a couple different reasons, the risk you would put your son in being the the biggest. If you have any questions ill be happy to try and help you if I can but please read the pregnancy section of this forum, theres alot of great info from women who have been right where you're at and keep us posted on how you're doing. Educate yourself as much as possible now about sub and pregnancy, its the BEST thing you can do. Good Luck with everything and please stick around.

*Battles are fought everyday, some you win & some you lose..Addiction is a war & every second you're still alive you're winning that war..*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just an update! I didn't quit taking the sub,I called a clinic yesterday and told them my situation,they told me to inform my doctor about the sub and to get their permission and they would schedule me an appointment, im soooo nervous about telling my doc,but she said they wouldn't be disappointed with me and if anything proud for not taking narcotics. But the problem is,is that there's a possibility I could be getting a inducement today&I would like to have a script for it before they find it! I hope and pray they understand! I'll be back later today with an update on how it goes.(:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good luck with all of that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So do you know if they tested your baby for subs? & did u have a script? I'm getting induced tomorrow due to hbp and i'm so nervous, i'm not scared of him having any complications. I feel he's gonna be big and healthy! I just think they'll test because of how popular subutex is becoming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had him! He's now my pride and joy(: he weighed 7lbs 12.4 oz born at 12:56 p.m on the 26th! The only downside is he's in the nicu,nothing to do with the subs,as he was coming out(c-section) he got some fluid in his lungs and stomach and was/still is having a little trouble breathing ): , it's no longer there today,it went away,thank you lord,but other than that he's a healthy beautiful angel! They plan on keeping him until his "supposed to be due date" which sucks. )':

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's day 5 he's been in the nicu and he's withdrawing. I was doing 4-8mg a day for 2 months. The withdrawal symptoms he's having is symptoms like a Roxy baby.I haven't done roxys since January. He's acting irritable, and he claws at his face. They are scoring him and giving him opieon or however you spell it and some other stuff in his bottle every 12 hours. He first scored 18 then 15 then 13 now 13 again.the things they showed me on the check list is how babies are.but anyways she told me that subutex is good for mom but never good for a baby.she compared it to every other drug.they don't test for subutex but today when I went to visit him she asked if I had been doing anything he could've possibly got addicted to.it sucks to see my baby like this.so my advice to any pregnant person on subutex is to get your doctor to get you down to nothing before the baby is born. I honestly feel like he's not withdrawing but he is acting less irritable now. I Gotta apt on Tuesday but that doesn't make up for when I was pregnant because I can feel they're gonna take him from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Remember that "any other drug" could mean you would have been in active addiction and that IS way more dangerous than you having been on sub. At least you were in remission and that IS safer for the baby! You must think of ALL the alternatives. I'm sorry that the doctors and nurses are making you feel bad, but you did the best thing for the baby and you.

It sounds like they are using their own biases about people on sub to score your infant and that's just wrong. NAS symptoms often ARE the same as what a normal newborn would exhibit anyway. Keep that in mind and try to be there when they are doing the scoring and don't be afraid to speak up if you think they are scoring inaccurately.

Why do you think they want to take the baby away from you? I'm not clear on that? I didn't go back and re-read all the above posts, but if you were on sub legitimately, then you did nothing wrong and there's no reason for them to take your child from you.

Keep your chin up and congrats on your new family addition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PLEASE,
read up on your rights as a parent in your state. I know one mom here, that her baby WAS taken from her, becuz the CPS lady said they were taking her, she tested positive for bupe, and you need to sign this if you EVER want to see your child agian.
BUT later, after the fact, she found out they had NO RIGHT to do so, and the paper she signed GAVE THEM PERMISSON to do so.

she was so emotional she wasnt thinking clearly, of course.
so im urgeing you to gain as much knowledge as possible. if you have an Rx NOW, then bring that up
knowledge is POWER, especially in these sticky situations.

Is there someone in your family that can help/??
think of every avenue here.
Ask your doctor when you see him/her if they have any sort of advocate that can help.

Im serious, do this for your child, and yourself. Please do not let someone with a nametag and a badge push you around.
alot of times these people just feed on the small amount of power they have, becuz they think YOU WILL believe ANYTHING that comes outta their mouth. cuz, how could they LIE to you, right?
well, some do!!!!

please keep posting, and keep us up to date with whats going on!! Im thinking of you, and I really hope you can gather the strength to get thru this.
good luck

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

mommyof32b wrote:
It's day 5 he's been in the nicu and he's withdrawing. I was doing 4-8mg a day for 2 months. The withdrawal symptoms he's having is symptoms like a Roxy baby.I haven't done roxys since January. He's acting irritable, and he claws at his face. They are scoring him and giving him opieon or however you spell it and some other stuff in his bottle every 12 hours. He first scored 18 then 15 then 13 now 13 again.the things they showed me on the check list is how babies are.but anyways she told me that subutex is good for mom but never good for a baby.she compared it to every other drug.they don't test for subutex but today when I went to visit him she asked if I had been doing anything he could've possibly got addicted to.it sucks to see my baby like this.so my advice to any pregnant person on subutex is to get your doctor to get you down to nothing before the baby is born. I honestly feel like he's not withdrawing but he is acting less irritable now. I Gotta apt on Tuesday but that doesn't make up for when I was pregnant because I can feel they're gonna take him from me.

Sub withdrawal can be just as bad as any other opiate withdrawal to some, especially when taken in high doses. Sub withdrawal also lasts longer. At five days your baby is probably in full blown because of Subs long half life.I really hope the Dr's and nurses treating your baby understand this.

Keep your appointment with the Sub Dr because if they do try to take your baby( I don't think they will) they will see that you are trying to get help. It would probably be a good idea to get in counseling also.