It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: 35 Weeks and Worried
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey! I'm so sorry that I have not been back to update. I have been very busy with my new little guy. Here's how everything went...

I'm not sure if I mentioned it but I was put on bedrest for preeclampsia at 35 weeks. On June 4 (38 weeks) I began to have very blurry vision and my BP got extremely high. We went to the hospital and I was induced. Our boy was born the next day at 7:19 pm weighing 6lbs 6oz. Now, I explained to to the nurses my need for privacy in regards to my medicine. My doctor even added this info into my chart so everyone knew to only discuss with me.

When I was sent to the postpartum room the nurse informed me she was required to do a urine drug screen on the baby. I understood, and I could tell she felt bad about it. The next morning when they took him to the nursery for his bath and shots I went down there to talk to another nurse. She explained that she noticed some sneezing and that he has some very slight jitters but that was all she saw, and both were extremely mild and could be not even related to the suboxone. He was going to have to stay an extra day longer than me to be watched. My doctor was awesome and had them keep me to monitor my BP so I could stay with him. He had no issues - he fed well and was very calm. We went home after 72 hours. The pediatrician said he looked perfect and I just had to keep an eye on him. Once we got him home we noticed no issues at all. He is gaining weight and eating like crazy and is a very healthy little guy. I'm so so so relieved. Thank you everyone for your support. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry to hear you had the blood pressure scare. Glad everything else went so well though.

I do wish my OB could give me an idea of what, if anything, they'll do as part of policy; such as drug testing baby based off of my history and medication. Even if it's just to watch her, I'd like to know if they're going to want to keep her longer than what I need to be in the hospital. The thought of going home without her... I can't even imagine it. This is the part of everything I can't prepare for or know how to handle.

Again so glad all went well for you and your little man! Enjoy having him home and getting to know him. I can't wait!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:59 pm 

I am so happy for you that everything went so well in the end! The high BP can make things scary for sure, but I'm so glad that your little guy is doing so well! Congratulations!

Amy