It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 32 weeks and on suboxone
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm 32 weeks pregnant. Doctor does not know about my addiction. I buy off the street. I am quitting tomorrow, and have only a half.

I feel terrible and scared. I have 2 months til delivery. If I quit tomorrow....what will happen when hes born? Will he go through withdrawals? Will they take my baby if I'm clean? If I tell my doctor I had an addiction during my pregnancy but I'm clean now, will they take my baby? Please help me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:33 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Welcome Randaroo!
I personally have no experience on this issue but I'm sure someone knowledgable will join in soon.
My concern is for both of you right now.
Are you open to finding a sub DR to continue therapy?
I'm not sure WD is considered a safe option at this point, but if you take some time to read this section you may find some answers.
I wish you the best and hope you stick around!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:21 pm 

Hey randaroo welcome!

I'm so sorry that ur in this position, I'm sure ur worried out of ur mind. I really hope Dr.J can help with some advice on this for u, I definitely don't want to tell u any type of wrong information. I'm a mother of three but luckily for me I didn't get into active addiction til after my youngest was a yr and a half old, so I can't speak from experience on what will happen. I do think that withdrawal when ur 32 weeks pregnant can't be good for u or the baby. What milligram of suboxone are u currently on? Is there any way that u can find a suboxone doctor and start taking it legally? Are u in a place financially or with insurance that u can do that? U could just come clean to ur baby doctor, find a sub dr and get the medicine with a legit prescription. As long as u obtained it legally, I'd think that's going to be much better. I'm sure u wouldn't want ur OB to know that you've been withholding the truth but I'm sure it wouldn't be the first case they've ever saw.

I'm sure u can just stop too, but it'll be tough and what about after the baby is born, will u stay off or are u only stopping because ur scared that ur gonna get in trouble with children services? I really wish I could tell u what to expect, but I just don't know the answer to that. Hopefully someone who has been through this will come along and help u with ur concerns. Read the threads here in the suboxone and pregnancy section, u may be able to find some answers from previous posts.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:01 pm 

You are putting your baby at risk for miscarriage/early birth if you just stop suboxone. You asked this question in two different places and Dr. Junig answered you on the other thread. He has prescribed buprenorphine to dozens of pregnant women, so go by his answer!

I didn't even read the other answers here so I'm not saying that they aren't accurate too. But Dr. Junig, who started this forum is an authority on this issue, so you should follow his directions. His name on the forum is suboxdoc.

Amy