It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Weekly Chat Meetings?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey does anyone want to start having weekly chat meetings, to see how it goes? Maybe a Sunday night / Monday? some day that most people have a half hour of free time to get stuff off there chest, talk about induction, stopping treatment, etc? Do we need to just set up a time and whom ever wants to come is invited, or do we need a moderator to set up a chat room? I think same time, same day, use that chat feature that no one is ever in :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, I attempted this and nobody ever came. I started with 2 support meetings in chat per week (alternate days from another Suboxone chat site), and over a period of four months, I only had four people attend at random times.It bummed me out because I felt it was something people wanted to participate in, but it didn't work out as such.
That does not mean you should not attempt it again. I am unable to commit to anything on a regular basis because I am in school, interning, and work. You can always be informal and set something up for a time you see fit.You really do not need to have a moderator present for an informal chat session, so give it a shot, I would definitely help out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:26 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

If I can hit the time with my job and such - I'd join in. I'm am busy too, but if there was a time that fit, I would join in.

Strange for me, Lunch hours are better. I can take a break/lunch and my laptop to private areas (like a library or somewhere non-work related) for a bit. Once I am home with the family - it becomes more difficult.

The NA/CA/AA meetings I tried were also lunch type meetings. Keep us posted on what you decide please.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If people can't spare time for recovery then what the hell we doing here? We had plenty of time to pop pills and all the other bullshit that comes with the sickness. So I know I have time to chat anytime!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey everyone,

If you wanted to have weekly chats, thats great. Let me know the time/day and I can advertise it on the main page so everyone will see. Don't get disappointed if performance is poor at first. People are lazy!

Let me know and I can change the intro page to advertise your chat sessions.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

How bout we set up 2 times, one during the day, lets say lunch time, and one at night when most people are settling down like 9 or 10 o'clock. I want to make this work, but from past tries it seems like it's hard to get people involved. I know everybody is busy but there is no excuse not to give 20-30 minutes to try and better your life. All that is really needed is to log on and while your reading this site, or checking e-mail, paying bills, etc. stay logged on and when a few people are logged on then we start talking, get stuff off your chest, talk about recovery, help people just starting out. If anyone wants to come up with some times that would work post em and maybe next week we can start. I'm thinking Monday @ 12/ 12:30 and Sunday after dinner time, maybe later like 9 or 10 o'clock. I've made time for a lot of things I'd rather not do, but I do them because I know that recovery takes a lot commitment for it to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am willing to help moderate/plan topics on Sunday nites, but I won't be able to commit to every Sunday.
As far as lunch time meetings, no can do! but give it a shot.

* If you are ready, we can begin this coming Sunday- how is 8pm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

as long as i'm not the only one coming sounds good to me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:48 pm 
I can't commit to evening times, but would love a noon, 12:30 meeting. Can almost promise I could do that time frame. Anyone else willing to commit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:56 pm 
jamez70 wrote:
Hey everyone,

If you wanted to have weekly chats, thats great. Let me know the time/day and I can advertise it on the main page so everyone will see. Don't get disappointed if performance is poor at first. People are lazy!

Jim

Hey Jim - Just a little suggestion. When you do the advertisement on the intro page, try to do something to it so it really stands out. I remember when shelby was trying to do those meetings, I could easily scroll right through the advertisement and not even see it. Maybe put a frame around it with a white background? Something. Ya know what I mean?

That's all I got.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OxyPatrick.

Sure will... As soon as he gives me the times he wants to do it, I'll put it up on there.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:16 pm 
jamez70 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Jim

Hey Jim - Just a little suggestion. When you do the advertisement on the intro page, try to do something to it so it really stands out. I remember when shelby was trying to do those meetings, I could easily scroll right through the advertisement and not even see it. Maybe put a frame around it with a white background? Something. Ya know what I mean?

That's all I got.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So when is it going to be? I'll stop by too-- although I am afraid it will turn into a question and answer session instead of a chat, with people getting to know each other. Is there a time set for tomorrow? Maybe I will stop by for the second half of it (?) or should I shoot for the first half? Ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dr. Junig/jsp4th,

I was given some rough times, but nothing concrete.

So, Sunday night 9pm Central?
Tue, Thu 12pm Central?

Objections?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok, I'm setting it for those times. If you object anyone, TOO BAD!

haha I'm just kidding. I just want to get it out there on the site.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok, its on the main page. If you want it changed let me know. I'm too lazy tonight to make it look better
OxyPatrick: Can you see it? Can ya can ya can ya? haha. If I made it bigger, people would probably vomit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

WOW can't miss that...LOL. So I'm in the chat room and so far I'm the only one. I'm on the east coast...it's around 9 now...so it's 8 Central ...7 MT...6west coast Sunday night right? I'm just gonna stay online till it's 11 here and see if anyone shows up. If not be online Thursday at 1pm eastern time...Tuesdays I work AM till 4 (permanent schedule change @ work) so I can't host Tuesday mornings. Sunday is good and Thursday is good....Tuesday's can just be open to whomever. Hope to see someone...gonna do my best to stick with this best I can. BTW- gimme a minute to respond..gonna get bored staring at an empty chat room :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:31 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

shelwoy wrote:
Well, I attempted this and nobody ever came. I started with 2 support meetings in chat per week (alternate days from another Suboxone chat site), and over a period of four months, I only had four people attend at random times.It bummed me out because I felt it was something people wanted to participate in, but it didn't work out as such.
That does not mean you should not attempt it again. I am unable to commit to anything on a regular basis because I am in school, interning, and work. You can always be informal and set something up for a time you see fit.You really do not need to have a moderator present for an informal chat session, so give it a shot, I would definitely help out!

hey shel, we had our first meeting today at 10pm e.s.t. and only jamez and myself showed up. The meeting lasted about an hour and a half, and just with the two of us discussed quite a few things and defiantly got to know each-other a bit better. I won't be around for the Tuesday meeting this week, but I will be there Thursday. If you want to come to the next one your more than welcome, in fact everyone is invited. The meetings are informal, and there are dozens of ways people can get some help with there addiction. I look forward to all the meetings on the way and hope to see everyone there. Dr.Junig said he was interested in joining in, and I hope he does either Thursday or next Sunday night. Heading to bed now. Hope to see all of you chatting away at one of the lunch meetings :)