It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am currently taking between 4mg to 8mg and told my parents I would jumo the 14th if they would offer to support me during the w/d. I have been on sane level (4 to 8) for 3 years!! I know this sounds crazy but has there been anyone known to taper from 8mg

I have 28 days today. already took 4mg, not 2mg because I been taking 8mg the last could days and more frequenetly overall, so was thinking 4 more days at 4mg, 7 days at 2mg, and 7 at 1 mg (or try the .r last day or so). Then gonna have 2-3 weeks to do nothing but go through this shit

How bad would the w/d be. I read about some other people on the forum jumping from 1mg or even 2mg and feel fine (Congrats!!), but I know they were probably tapering for months.

Thanks for any help or advice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Unless your parents are going to go through the withdrawals for you, my advice would be to not do it. Unless you enjoy long periods of intense pain. What's the rush? Can't you do a long, slow taper? Remember, you don't get a blue ribbon for speed. Slow and steady wins the race, and the only thing that matters is winning. Don't put your mind and body through that if it's not necessary. Good luck

Post subject: FAST
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello L,

It is easy to understand the logic of what you propose to do. But I must agree with Golden1 - and wonder, what would happen if you proposed to your parents that the Sub was the cure, not the disease. And that the best chance with this cure is to
do an extended taper where you can function while getting to a level below 1mg-- or whatever you decide on from reading.

It would at least be worth asking them if they would not support this more likely to succeed method --- it might even be easier for them to be supportive in this way rather than the extreme.

I hope it works for you,

S