It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:28 am 
New Poster
New Poster

hi.. i am 35 weeks pregnant and i am so scared .. i lose sleep and i cry all the time because of the fact that im on subutex and pregnant... i wish i could start over in my pregnancy and not be on this medication just because i am SO scared for my baby ..especially seeing how bad the withdrawl is for methadone babies.. they get so sick and end up staying in the hospital for several weeks...i dont know if its the same withdrawl for the babies on subutex........ ive been reading the posts and its definately making me feel much better ..knowing other mothers out there have given birth to babies on subutex and everything end up working out is comforting. i am currently taking 8 mg a day ,, im wondering if its to late to taper down a little to help decrease the withdrawl for baby... and i also wanted to know if by chance something happened and i needed to get a c-section would i be in serious pain and the pain meds not work for me because im on subutex? i know the epideral should work still but if you get a csection they slice u open so i know they give you pain meds ,, will they work for me?
please get back to me someone,, im very worried..
Jen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have found that this website includes a great deal of information about the concerns that you have. I certainly sypmathize with you, I had dealt with feelings of guilt and fear. Of course it is scary, we are dealing with our babies. I am just so grateful that I received help before I became pregnant with my daughter. I know that labor and delivery is so unknown and there is always the possibility of a c-section. I am not sure how that would pan out, but the joy of your new baby should alleviate some of the pain...??? If I end up requiring a c-section I will let you know the results!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:49 pm 
Please see the topic "I delivered a healthy baby while on Suboxone, pregnant again" started by Tangerine. Sweetheart posted there as well and there are more responses on that thread.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:09 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

First of all STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP! You are doing better by your baby by being on suboxone than by not being on it and abusing drugs, so give yourself a break and quit being so hard on yourself.

I have had babies both ways, on methadone and abusing drugs and by far it was better for my son who was born while I was on methadone. I was at 75mg when I found out I was pregnant. The goal was to get me as long as I could tolerate (reducing me 5mg each week) with 35mg being the ideal dose to get down to. I was able to get down to the 35mg and my son was born perfectly healthy, right on time and didn't show any signs of w/drawals from the methadone. I think it helped that I breast fed him for a few weeks because he was able to get a little bit of the metahdone throubh breast milk. He did have probs w/his blood sugar but that was because I had gestational diabetes. There was another girl who was also pregnant when I was and she was only able to go down to 65mg and she didn't have any probs nor did her baby. That isn't to say that there can't be problems, but just because someone takes these meds doesn't mean that every single baby is going to be born and have problems from it.

My first son was born while I was addicted to pain pills. I told no one of my problem. He was born 6 weeks early, there was meuconium in the water (he was under stress all the time because he was in w/drawals every time I was in w/drawals) matter of fact, when my water broke I was having w/drawals then. He was very fussy when he was born and had a hard time feeding. He ended up being fine and he is a healthy 10 yr old now but it kills me and I am eat up with guilt for what I put him through.

I would recommend the medication assisted treatment during pregnancy than not and risking the risk of relapse and putting your baby through that.

You should check out this site suboxoneassistedtreatment DOT org FORWARD SLASH 47 DOT html