It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Week one
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:28 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow...its been a week on subs! I feel 1000 times better than I have in years!

Its funny, I walk around singing in my head..I can see clearly now the haze is gone...LOL. But I can.
Went on a cleaning rampage in the house....wow...what a mess I'd let it become...sad

So first follow up w/dr today. Still need to get another MRI and xrays...but for pain sufferers...it DOES work a million
Times better than the hundreds of mgs of oxy's for sure...
Im very happy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Cd65, I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well...looking back to just 8 days ago, I'll bet you never
thought that you would be feeling this great.
I know all too well the "state of the house" when ya finally feel well enough to even look at it! LOL!
I can honestly say that my house has been spotless for three months now. Quite an accomplishment for me.
Especially when I have an 18 month tornado following me from room to room and undoing
what I've just done. I love him!

Anyway, glad that you checked in and let us know how you are!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations Cd65!!!

Thanks so much for the update.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Cd65,

I'm so glad you're feeling so much better now! I know you had a bit of a rough induction, but I think a lot of us do. The headaches & nausea seem to be pretty common, I went through the same thing during my first week. I'm glad you seemed to have adjusted well and are feeling much better.

I agree with you and Goinstrong... I have a toddler too, but my house had gotten pretty messy & cluttered. Laundry was piling up, the bathroom & kitchen needed a good deep cleaning, & I just didn't ever feel like messing with it. I have to agree with you too in that the subs help my pain 100 times more than the pain pills ever did. They'd help for a little while, but only masked the pain for a short time. If I didn't have enough, you could forget about any house work gettin done outta me! I'm a stay at home mom, & there really was no excuse to let things go like I did... Other than I just didn't care enough or have the motivation to do anything about it. Like Goinstrong, my house has been spotless now for almost 2 months, despite my little girl running around messing up what I'd cleaned. She's a baby, I love her so much, & now it doesn't bother me to go back and re-clean...lol. My floors have have so clean lately you could literally eat off them. I used to always keep an immaculate house, but when my addiction got so bad, I literally gave up on the things I used to do.

I feel like I'm "living" again & taking care of everything I need to & I don't have to worry about having enough pills to do it. I'm glad you're feeling so much better! Keep us posted on how you're doing! Thanks for updating us!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thats great news!!!!!!!

and I too, like everybody else said, did a thourogh cleaning, EVERYTHING, the apartment (at the time) the car, everything Im tellin ya!!!
It really was kind of a 'cleansing process' for me. therapuetic, almost I'd say.

So anyways, good job, keep on going!!! pretty soon, you'll be at 30 days, and you'll be like HOW did that happen?????
LOL

at least that's how i was!!!!!

Hang in there :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the well wishes!

Its crazy that we all went through the same cleaning phase...Ive definitely more to do this weekend, but, I am actually looking forward to it...its cathartic(sp)... As I was scrubbing away the bathrooms I kept thinking I was in my own little rehab...scrubbing toilets, scrubbing showers, putting some semblence back in my life....kids n husband were looking at me like I had 5 heads.

My appt went very well, but they do want to see me back again next thurs... Im good with that. I find the support comforting...

TGIF....looking forward to the weekend!!!
Thanks again for walking me through this!

Each of your stories--- and Im pretty sure I read every single one during the month leading up to taking this leap---- gave me the HOPE and DESIRE to get help....

So while we may think ppl on web are faceless n sometimes inconsequential to us...that is so far from the truth here...u have each had an impact on where I am now...THANK YOU!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow, I'm on day 11 today and i am still cleaning! i had let everything go too. What cleaning that did get done was by my children. I feel like a parent again. I have been cooking, cleaning and doing laundry again. The way i did years ago. I feel like my 17 year old son has been the parent for way too long. I still have a few minor side effects from the sub but it literally gave me my life back. I am so happy for all of us that have found suboxone and have started to live a normal life again. Cd65 im glad you brought up the cleaning because i was starting to feel down on myself for letting things go. Best of luck on the rest of your journey!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

dragonfly33 wrote:
Wow, I'm on day 11 today and i am still cleaning! i had let everything go too. What cleaning that did get done was by my children. I feel like a parent again. I have been cooking, cleaning and doing laundry again. The way i did years ago. I feel like my 17 year old son has been the parent for way too long. I still have a few minor side effects from the sub but it literally gave me my life back. I am so happy for all of us that have found suboxone and have started to live a normal life again. Cd65 im glad you brought up the cleaning because i was starting to feel down on myself for letting things go. Best of luck on the rest of your journey!

Hi dragonfly, I couldn't help but notice the part of your post where you said that your 17 year old has been the parent for way too long. I hope that you are not beating yourself up for this too much. My children are gone. Yours is still there. Maybe you can kind of "make it up to him" in a sense, if you aren't doing that already. Give him a little more freedom, let him take the car, move his curfew back a little for being so super responsible...etc...Sorry if I am overstepping my boundaries here. I just know how much guilt we carry around for what we have done to our loved ones...especially our own children. I don't want anyone to feel too badly like I did, that's all....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ahhhhhh. The kids....we r heading school shopping today....I believe theyre shocked. In the past I would say we were going to go do whatever, and then break that promise....
This time I said today (on friday) they kinda rolled their eyes...well here we are, day I promised and were going...when they finish getting ready that is..lol...13 yr old twins...3 yrs of broken promises...

Its been a great weekend! Oddly enough...husb n I are connecting on a level I thought was gone...its 25 yrs this Sept...Lets just say the past three yrs or so you could have paved paradise and put up a parking lot. hAHA. I feel different...alive..extremely greatful and humbled to rejoin my life....

Im glad dragonfly you are close in days with me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:54 pm 

CD65, your posts are very touching to me. I'm so happy for you that you have made the changes that you have! I know it takes a while to rebuild people's trust in you, but you and Dragonfly are on a wonderful path. I'm sure your children will end up being very proud of you and they will recognize your renewed reliability soon. Isn't it great to be able to surprise people by exceeding their expectations? Keep up the good work!

Amy