It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

45 days no painkillahs
4 weeks without Subs

Over yesterday. I am undeterred in my quest to remain pill free. Today, I celebrate 4 weeks without Subs with a clear mind. I feel great, you can feel great, just gotta set that mind straight and keep counting up those days to keep yourself motivated.

I live in Philadelphia, maybe this run by my baseball team (Phillies) in the last month is also keeping me straight, as I appreciate it so much more right now than when they won in '08 and I was pilled to death. I am naturally excited and thrilled all at the same time. The chills I get, the endorphins returning, I can feel it all through my mind and body and it's absolutely wonderful. And that is all throughout the day almost every day now.

I'd like to thank everyone who has kept up with me through this. Sometimes, no, all the time, a lot of your words make me feel like it's all going to be all right in the end. I'm trying to help you too through my journey, because I know I can convince you whether you are tapering or jumping, that happiness, good living, smiles, chillls, all of the above, will also happen to you when you are ready to give it a chance.

I've vowed not to go back. The mental game is still played probably the rest of our lives, but I swear that the satisfying feeling of going x amount of days and the accomplishment is one feeling that no drug can overpower.

Love to all, as always

Charlie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Greetings fellow Philadelphian. This run our boys are on could be one for the record books. This is uncharterd territory right here.. Closest comparison is the 1912 "miracle braves" team- they were called miracle because of the amount of games they made up.. This is even bigger than that !!! Makes all those awful June & July games I sat thru worth it.. Not to mention the 10,000+ losses prior to this current golden era of phillies baseball. My kids are spoiled, they have no idea the pain we went thru as life long phillies phans... Lol..

Congrats on your progress. When I quit subs I remember really starting to get great sleep again around a month in. That and the restless legs were the killers for me.. Keep up the great work..

GO PHIGHTINS!!!