It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So glad to hear you're going to a doctor! That's excellent news. Like Twinply, I also go to weekly therapy in a addition to my sub/sub doctor and a psychiatrist. Plus I have this forum and I just started my own in-person suboxone addiction support group. That's not to say you have to do the very same thing, but I believe the more comprehensive the recovery plan one has, the less chance that person has of relapse.

Good luck and keep us posted!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Re: hey
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jeff571 wrote:
hey,
I have an appointment with physiciatrist.going to see how i should utilize the suboxone and I've been going to aa meethings.any other suggestion would be appreciated.

That's two big steps in the right direction. Good for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:24 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Jeff,

I would appreciate an update after your VERY POSITIVE move of getting help. We are here to offer support for the plan you and your doctor put in place!

The first steps you have taken are hard. Way to go. --LD

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Glad to see that you are still here with us! So many people drop by and then we never hear back from them again. I'm even more excited to hear that you have an appointment set up with a treatment professional. You are on the road!!! Please keep moving forward and by all means let us know how your appointment goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:47 pm 
Wow! If ever there is a doubt that we've got the best forum for opiate addiction/recovery out here on the world wide web....just read this thread. Jeff, as a new member, has gotten some of the soundest, most intelligent, and well-informed advice and encouragement I have ever seen! We really have such a kind, smart, and caring group of regular posters....it's just wonderful!
I hope you will be back, Jeff, whether you and your doctor decide that treatment with buprenorphine is the best route for you, or whether you decide to try another route. We will be here to try and help any way we can. It can be quite confusing to navigate your way through the early stages of recovery, especially when you're told so many different things by so many different people. That's one of the reasons I love this site so much, especially if you choose medication-assisted recovery with bupe.....the information you will find here is quite reliable. You can almost count on what you read here being accurate. In the event that an unsubstantiated claim is made here, someone quickly intervenes to correct it. The reason being, that we feel it is just so important to provide the reader with information they can actually use and benefit from in their recovery.
Welcome and I do hope you'll be back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was so glad to read that you are getting help. It sounds like you are headed in the right direction. I don't have anymore suggestions for you right now but just wanted to let you know we are behind you all the way (no matter what plan you choose as SMF said)! Please let us know what happens as I am very interested in hearing. Good luck to you!

*Christopher Robin to Pooh

Post subject: hey
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey,
To let ya'll know i met with doctor and i think from my past experience of getting off pain pills and then a month later going right back to what I was doing I think it will be in my best interest to go on suboxone till i work through my problems and then do a long taper off to avoid withdraw.Has anyone used the liquid taper with minimal withdraw symptoms? I am afraid of getting on suboxone due to my last experience of taking it for 5 months then going cold turkey to get off and it was worse than coming off the hydrocodone. But im guessing with a slow long taper I can avoid this? I really appreciate any input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jeff, there is a very long and detailed thread about the liquid taper method in the "Stopping Suboxone" forum.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:56 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I can def tell you that that approach with some seriouse will power can work. I would say start with about ten subs and start with a half for 2 days. Then cut that in half for 2 days. And so on until you run out. Tapering as low as possible before you jump. Even to just a very tiny corner of a strip. I like the advice ive seen bc in sone caes they are correct, but every person is different, but now your head ifls full of doubt. I beleive it is 95% in your mind. In my experience if you think your WD will be horrible..it will in fact be horrible, if u never came to this site and truly believed that the 4 day taper would work guarenteed tgen your mi d would believe tgat and u would have minimal WD. I believe that it is almost 100% mental. It is what u make it. I can twll u i bought ten sub strips from a friend did my taper in 21 days, had minimal WD and with sone serious will power i am now clean and have no desire of goibg back. And i was snortibg 4 30 mg oxy a day. Sonetimes much more. But i was told that my taper plan would def work and i believed it would therefore it did. I also believe doctors kno very little about the drug bc thry havent been throu it themselves. And 16 mg sub a say is WAY too high a dose. I was averaging 120 mg oxy aday and 4mg of sub held me just fine. I even got a buzz at first. In those 21 days i took vitamins are well exersized and took the steps i needed to learn to live my life drug free so those new healthy habbits stuck when i jumped. I did have some WD but very tolerable. I went to a dr first and he tried to put ne on 16 mg right away. Right then i knew i was at the wrobg place. Do what works for YOU. And in that tine u are on subs take the steps necesarry to live a healthy drug free life and use the sub until that healthy routine becones natural. And you can do it just like i did. Good luck, and i hope to hear it works for you too. In my opinion no one should be on sub for more then 21 days. Change your mind change your life. I wish u luck. Its worth it. It wobt be easy but its very doable, and very worth it

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:17 am 
New Poster
New Poster

The longer u take a drug the more habbit forming it becomes. Sub is a STRONG drug and u should only take the minimal ammount of it to hold off WD so u can live ur life not spending half your day finding or thinking of ways to get pills. Once thise healthy habbits are part of you and tgats what u become accustoned to that is when u are ready to make tge jump to being drug free. Thatswhat sub is for. To hold off WD long enough to let u learn to live a healthy life. Some do it in a week, sone it will take a year. Whatever works for you. But more tge 30 days on sub is tradibg one addiction fir another and sub is stronger then your drug of choice. Like i read above getting clean is easy. Staying clean is tge hard part. But the sub will give u time to address the thiings u need to and avoid WD until u have learned and practiced healthy living. I kno this thread is old, but i felt i should post my positive experience for anyone that stumbles across it lookibg for help to twll tgem it can be done. The mind is powerful, too powerful, and if you learn to conteol yours you will be successful. I promise u that. After the physical WD comes tge hard pat, staying clean. Wnd w the help of sub giving u that time to learn how you can stay clean and it giving u that glimpse of what life was like before u ever picked up that alone could be enough for u to say i dont need tgis to be happy. I didnt before. And about a month after your last dose of ur sliver of sub u will be you again and ur brain will be healing just as it should. Man up, bite tge bullet. And follow your footstepf back out of the woods. Just tgis time ull be runnibg out of the woods instead of walkibg in. After a 4 day taper u will have sone withdrawal. But the subs will make it a bit more pleasant or i should say tolerable. After the acute WD FLDO NOT LET UR mind trick u into thinking thats how u will feel forever. Day by day it gets better. And dont put a time limit on how long it will take. Just le it happen. And everyday u dont pickup u will feel better and better. Tgen thibk of how ull feel 60 days then 90 days after lastdose. Ull have ur life back. Money in ur pocket. Laughing, going away and not worryibg about how many pills u have on u. Be free. And put the time and effort into it that allows that. Do what works for u. And a short taper workd for me. Man up and get er done. U are stronger then a damn pill. I promise you that. How bad do u want it? Thats what it bouls down too. You can do anythibg you put your kind tool. This included. Make it happen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:48 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I think sdot is in more touch with reality than most of you. you all seem to think that anyone has the money and means to visit a doctor and not just surf the net to get the inormation they need. I wanted to know the timeframe before likely addiction to suboxone occurs. sdot answered that. 30 days. the longer the higher the risk. from my experience, most doctors dont understand because they never did the drugs. i've never had a leg cut off before, i'm sure it hurts and the pain is bad, but i dont really know the long term effects of living with a cut off leg and neither do doctors. Most doctors geniunely want to help, they just dont have the first hand experience im looking for for help.