It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on sub for over 2 years now and a few months back i noticed the onset of feeling weak most of the time and having pretty bad joint pains(esp my right arm/shoulder area)
mind you i have never had these issues of pain in my joints before being on sub nor was there any injury that could have brought this on? The weakness is pretty severe i cant even lift small amounts of weight like i used to? 50 pounds feels like 200 to me, i used to be very strong but now i have the strength of a small child!
is there any documented proof that being on sub long term can cause these types of issues?
thanks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No. And about 30 years of evidence that it doesn't. It is a mu receptor partial agonist, with a long safety record. Most of my patients have been on it for over six years; one runs marathons. There are no reports of 'muscle aches' or joint pains. The effects are the same as any other opioid-- morphine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc-- nothing different, except for a limit to potency that tricks the brain into feeling nothing ever wearing off.

Realize that pain from arthritis and muscle inflammation usually develops many years before the person starts to experience pain; you may have thrown a baseball five years, or pulled the starter on the lawn mower one too many times... and now you have a part of your body that needs TLC. I suggest you see a rehab doc (or a GP with an understanding of rehab) and find out if you need to stretch (for tightness), or need to reduce use (for an inflammatory or arthritic condition).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

admin1 wrote:
No. And about 30 years of evidence that it doesn't. It is a mu receptor partial agonist, with a long safety record. Most of my patients have been on it for over six years; one runs marathons. There are no reports of 'muscle aches' or joint pains. The effects are the same as any other opioid-- morphine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc-- nothing different, except for a limit to potency that tricks the brain into feeling nothing ever wearing off.

Realize that pain from arthritis and muscle inflammation usually develops many years before the person starts to experience pain; you may have thrown a baseball five years, or pulled the starter on the lawn mower one too many times... and now you have a part of your body that needs TLC. I suggest you see a rehab doc (or a GP with an understanding of rehab) and find out if you need to stretch (for tightness), or need to reduce use (for an inflammatory or arthritic condition).

I have to get my T levels checked, i seen that sub does lower testosterone in men in many cases and my symptoms have a direct link to low T.
Many men with low T levels also report aching joint,weakness and fatigue