It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was just switched from tablet to film.The film takes a few seconds to stick so if it moves,you have to leave it there.I had it sticking to the wrong part of mouth.
Also,using a whole strip is just to big to put under one side of tongue,but that just could be my physiology

I finally found a great method that works for me.

I cut the strips in half in the package using a razor blade,then I place strip on finger and stick it under tongue and hold it there for 1-3 seconds,then it's stuck and won't move.I leave the other half in package and place it back in box.

I need to change my screen name to thankful for Suboxone,I was taking 32mg/day,but now that I'm down to dosing 1/2 strip 4 times a day and my other meds are cut in half I can see how Suboxone has basically saved my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am happy to hear you are doing better on your Sub. I am on the strips until next month and basically do the same thing except I take the strip out and cut it with scissors. Next month I am being switched to generic Subutex to save money as I pay out of pocket and I am going to miss the films.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:01 pm 

That's fantastic! It is so good to hear success stories about Sub. Me too, without Sub I don't know what would have happened to me. My life was a mess revolving around getting my daily amount of drugs. Now I live w/o even thinking about Norco, and all the rest.

I am curious though. How do you make an accurate cut when it's in the package? Normally I take it out, fold it in half, squeeze the fold, fold it over the other way and then carefully tear it. It ends up being a perfect strip in two pieces. I then fold one of the halves again to get a .50 dose. And I could do the same to get .25. As long as your hands are dry the film won't stick to anything.

And there have been times I placed the film in the wrong area of my mouth but it didn't really make much difference. Either on the side or right in the center, as long as it's under the tongue. Once it ended up on the side and all I did was let it melt and keep the saliva under my tongue for several minutes to let it be absorbed. Even messing it up once won't make any difference in how you feel unless you mess up two or three days in a row. If in doubt, take a little more to make sure.

With me, the films were a great upgrade. The taste is better and they dissolve very fast. And of course the tapering is so much easier.

Congrats on getting down to a nice low dose.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree the 9mg strip is a little big,esp when you need 2 at once.For the longest time,I had a hard time with it sticking to the back of my teeth.I finally got it down pat and now I got a script for Subutex.I liked the idea of a film from the trying to break the pill habit perspective.I picked up the Subutex tablets (way cheaper!) and immediately thought they were generic percs.Not good.LOL.

Post subject: Generic subutex
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Breezy_Ann wrote:
I am happy to hear you are doing better on your Sub. I am on the strips until next month and basically do the same thing except I take the strip out and cut it with scissors. Next month I am being switched to generic Subutex to save money as I pay out of pocket and I am going to miss the films.

Make sure you don't get the Roxanne brand generic subutex. They really screwed me up! Good lucK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I had it sticking everywhere but under tongue even using mirror and tweezers,but the method I described works every time.
Just poke it under tongue with it on tip of finger,wait a sec or two,it's stuck!!!!

Does anyone know how I can change my screen-name w/o changing my email address????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have taken the Roxanne generics for 3 years and have not had one problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I had the opposite affect with my time on the films if I held it on my finger to long to try and make it stick it ended up sticking to my hand and basically was just a huge waste of a 8mg film. What I did because I always have a lot of salvia in my mouth anyways for some reason I would fold a paper towel and put it under my tongue till it was real dry and than just stick the under side of my tongue and never had a issue doing that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:09 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You may consider posting your way.It may help other new film-users.It took me two weeks to find a way and I know I wasn't getting the full effect.

Everyone is different physically for example I can't put a whole strip under my tongue because I have a smaller than average gum-line.I've tried many times and 1/4-1/2 of the strip always ends up on back-side of lower front teeth.

I made a mistake in my method.I only hold it in place under tongue for one solid second,instead of 2-3 seconds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi tired - I'm glad you got your dosing method worked out. With regard to changing your screen name, that's a no-can-do. You can change your password or email address or even open a new account with a new screen name (with a different email), but you can't change your screen name/username. Sorry. :(

I also wanted to ask you if you're on suboxone for pain (sorry I can't recall), because you mentioned that you're dosing FOUR times a day? The only time you'd need to do that is if you're dosing for pain. I just wanted to mention that. Let us know if you have questions about that. (And forgive me if this has been discussed previously.)

Again, glad you're doing so much better now.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just switched from suboxone to subutex due to major joint pain to see if it helps.I got the roxan brand generic.only took it this morning.tastes terrible compared to the strips and took forever to dissolve.not an enjoyable experience as i didnt mind the taste of the bitter orange strip.my q is...whats wrong with that brand generic?ive only been on a month and am afraid this is going to affect my progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It works better for me to take 1/4 of my dose 4 times/day.I was stuck at 32mg/day for 3 years,then I started dosing at twice/day.When I started dosing 4 times/day it made it easy for me to drop down to 24mg/day,then finally 16mg/day is where I'm at now.

I'm definitly an alcoholic and I took pain-pills to keep from drinking,but then I got addicted to opiates.Suboxone definitley helps not to drink or take illicit opiates.