It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: WATN TO QUIT SUB ERLY
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN ADDICTED TO ROXYS FOR 1 YEAR HE CAME CLEAN AND TOLD ME HES READY TO QUIT
SO WE WENT TO AN OUT PATIENT REHAB THREE WEEKS AGO HE WAS GIVE 8MG 5 1/2 PILLS A DAY THE FIRST WEEK 2ND WEEK8MG 4 1/2 PILLS A DAY THIRD WEEK 3 8MG 1/2 PILLS A DAY. HE SAYS HE FEELS GREAT AND IS READY TO STOP TAKING THEM BECOUSE OF THE COST..DR VISIT 100.00+PILL. HE HAS NOT HAD ANY SICKNESS. HOW BAD WILL HE FELL? H

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Not sure what "three 8mg 1/2 pills a day" means... but if he is taking 12mg a day on the 3rd week, he will most likely feel horrible when he stops... and should get help with this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

HARDTIMES wrote:
MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN ADDICTED TO ROXYS FOR 1 YEAR HE CAME CLEAN AND TOLD ME HES READY TO QUIT
SO WE WENT TO AN OUT PATIENT REHAB THREE WEEKS AGO HE WAS GIVE 8MG 5 1/2 PILLS A DAY THE FIRST WEEK 2ND WEEK8MG 4 1/2 PILLS A DAY THIRD WEEK 3 8MG 1/2 PILLS A DAY. HE SAYS HE FEELS GREAT AND IS READY TO STOP TAKING THEM BECOUSE OF THE COST..DR VISIT 100.00+PILL. HE HAS NOT HAD ANY SICKNESS. HOW BAD WILL HE FELL? H

Whoa...wait a sec, HOW MUCH DID THE DR. PUT HIM ON?!?

It's definitely possible for him to do a rapid taper on the Sub, given the length that he's been on them. The nice thing about Sub is that while he's on it, you don't really need to worry about him relapsing on the roxy...but if he wants off, he should do a rapid taper, the drug manufacturer recommends:

Day Recommended upper and lower limits
1 4 to 8 mg 6 mg
2 4 to 12 mg 8 mg
3 4 to 16 mg 10 mg
4 2 to 12 mg 8 mg
5 0 to 8 mg 4 mg
6 0 to 4 mg –
7 0 to 2 mg –
8 0 mg –

HOWEVER, if he's on the amount you specified 5.5 x 8mg, which is INSANELY high and TOTALLY unnecessary (hopefully I've misunderstood your post), then he's gonna need to adjust that schedule substantially, he could probably reduce that by 50% and not notice much. I'd definitely think he'd want to get down to 8mg daily as quickly as possible, then taper from there. If he can get off the Sub in under 3 weeks or so, he probably won't have many w/d symptoms at all.

Hopefully you can clarify his dosing a bit and maybe some of the other members here have some experience w/ a rapid taper.

EDIT: I didn't realize he's been on it for 3 weeks already...he may need to do a long slow taper to avoid gnarly w/d's

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: DIRT RIDER
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

WELL HE STARTED WITH 8MG ON EACH PILL SPLIT IN HALF 5 TIMES/ SO I GUESS ABOUT 2 1/2 PILLS OF 8MG A DAY FOR THE FIRST WEEK...2ND WEEK..HE DROPPED IT TO 8MG OF 4 1/2 PILLS WICTCH IS 2 PILL.. 3 WEEK HES ON 8MG OF 3 1/2 PILL WICH IS 1 PILL AND A HALF???? I GUESS WHEN PEOPLE COMMENT OF 16 AND 24 MG TO START THEY MUST ALL THE PILLS TOGETHER???? I 'AM RETARTED