It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ive got a story I want to share, its an older story from the very begining of my recovery, but I feel its important. and im new to this site, or I would have posted it sooner.......
So when I first got on subs, I used Walgreens here, to fill at. I had bought a "family discount card" from thier pharmacy for 35 dollars that was good for a year.
At first my RX would only be for 10 or 16 films. No problems then.
when I started getting 2 weeks or more at a time, I was only able to afford 5 films (46 bux) or 10 films(77 bux) at a time. so I noticed, when I got whatever I could afford, my bottle would say "one refill remaining" even if I had only 5 films and 30 left on the refill.
I took my meds EXACTLY as derected. I have since the begining. For fear of losing them all together. Well twice I had a RX that was shorted with them. the first time, I had been written for 84 films(28days) and I picked up ten at a time, went to get the last 8, they said I had none left!!!!! so I took all my bottles down there, even the last one that stated 'one refill remaining" and the pharm said,,,,your just taking too many, and now your blaming ME trying to get more"
I was about 8 weeks outta the madness,,,,and let me tell you it was the LAST thing i needed to hear. I didn't have much support those days......
SO i kept really good track after that......and it happened agian, only this time it was short 12 films!!! i had kept all the papers and reciepts, and I took them to a supervisor, and I got a huge runaround. then the guy that was the asshole the last time,,,,,was rude agian.
I called my doctor that time.......cuz i was short, he bloodtested me and my levels were right where they should be. I gave the doc all my perscription pick up slips,,,,,an d my doctor totally believed me. he even called and said they were rude T
O HIM......... :twisted:
NOW i use rite aid. every single bottle says how many "units" you have left,,,,,and in 4 months the only thing that ever happend was they were out one time, but theres another rite aid by me, bout 40 min drive, and I went there.
I just wanted to put that out there for people. and rite aid has always been awesome, even if I only had enough cash to buy 2films......yes I have done that more than once......they are very understanding. and when you wait longer then 20 mins, they give you a five dollar gift card.....
so if you use walgreens, im not saying there all bad,,,but where did my films go?????? the doctor couldnt even get an answer of how they take care of patient complaints like that!!!!
Have a good night everyone :lol:

Post subject: Shorted
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:52 pm 

The nurse at my Dr's office told me to physically count the script right there at the counter due to so much shortage. I did it for awhile but they knew I was very careful and never shorted me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i was shorted 15 of the 2 mg tabs at the walgreens in los gatos, CA. the way it happened was that they gave me two boxes (supposedly sealed) and 15 films in a pill bottle. when i got around to opening the boxes, one box had 30 in it and the other box had 15 in it. Walgreens did a count and says i'm lying. now its a matter of principle - will be filing complaints with the pharmacy board, police dept., and the DEA.

if anyone has been shorted in the Bay Area soecifically on Sub films like this, please speak up. the problem may be in the distribution line and not at wLgreens.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've had a similar problem with Walgreen's various errors with refills. But I've noticed it really depends on who happens to wait on you at the counter, i.e. if I happen to get one of the regulars, they're sympathetic but a new (or uninterested) employee can wreck all kinds of havoc.

I thought I'd quickly recall this incident, as a warning:

A few months ago, I walked in with a prescription for a month's supply and one refill. Often the case, Walgreen's didn't have sufficient quantity in stock to fill the entire month's supply of 60 pills, gave me 50, and told me to come back in at the end of the month when I ran out to obtain the remaining 10. At the end of the month, I returned and received a bottle of 10 pills. Five days later, I came back for my refill for the next month to find I'd already "used it" - on the 10 previously out-of-stock pills!

When I first started taking buprenorphine, I pointed out to the pharmacy that the doctor's name on the bottle wasn't accurate; a former psych doc (with no DEA license) whom I admittedly drove nuts with constant drug requuests before he left the clinic months ago. Imagine my surprise when I get a random call from this guy asking, "Um...how am I prescribing you Suboxone?" Awkward conversation, icy good-bye, another call to the pharmacy.

It sort of sucks that it's the patient's role to be super-vigilant but when dealing with scheduled drugs, the slightest error on anybody's part seems to have a chain of repercussions!