It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi everyone, it's Queenie.

Well, here I am, having a problem with Ambien. I posted 2 years ago about this being a trigger. When I run out of Ambien, I get miserable. Nausea, crying jags like you wouldn't believe, can't eat(and I mean nothing). I just suffer until the next refill is due because I don't want the doctor to stop prescribing it. My problem is that nothing else works for my insomnia. I have tried OTC stuff, Melatonin, Remeron, Trazadone, you name it. Ambien is the only thing that puts me to sleep but I find myself taking extra because I wake up in the middle of the night or too early. I ended up in the ER 2 months ago because the nausea was so bad. I didn't mention the Ambien. I welcomed the IV fluids & nausea medication. The doctor asked me if I needed anything for stomach pain. The only reason I said no is because I knew I had subs in me. Believe me, in the hospital I go to they give you a shot of Morphine in a minute.

I ran out of Ambien yesterday and I know what's coming. I can't tell my daughter I have another problem. How embarrasing at 70 years of age, no legs. Come on. I'm on subs for goodness sakes & now this? I had to vent to you, the people that know me best. What do I do now? I am taking the sub like the doctor wants me to. 8mg. in the a.m. & 8 in the p.m. But I am still craving opiates. I think about that feeling all the time. I don't know what's going to happen but I know I'm off track. Any suggestions are welcome with open arms.

Love you, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:17 am 

Hi Queenie!

I saw that no one answered your post, but I wonder if that's because people have posted about your Ambien problem in your other thread about addiction being so psychological. I don't have any experience with Ambien, but I can only imagine that withdrawing from it is a horrible process involving many sleepless nights!

Anyway, I hope you're doing OK with it. :)

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Queenie,
I hope you saw my reply on your other thread. Did you try taking to the doctor who prescribes the Ambien? Maybe he will work with you and not necessarily cut you off. You are obviously not a scammer, and you have been stable on Sub for quite some time - so I don't see any reason he wouldn't help you.
Also, maybe the anguish you're going through with the Ambien WD is making you think of the "good " feelings of opiates? I don't think anything is wrong with you, you're an addict just like the rest of us. Sometimes we're just fine on our Sub, but some thought or action makes us get nostalgic for opiates. It's times like that you need to talk to people and get out of yourself. You've taken the first step by coming here and being honest about it. Good for you! I hope you will come back soon and let us know if you got the Ambien thing straightened out.
xoxo,
Lilly

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Amy & Lillyval, I appreciate your taking the time.

I have been off the Ambien for 12 days. Wd's gone but sleep & appetite bad. I'm going to try to hang in there. Eventually I think I will be back to normal. Well, not normal but I think I can live without the devil sleeping pills. It's better not to go there anymore. I am going to ask the doctor for something for sleep but no narcotics in it.

Thank you so much for listening to me. It's so important when someone understands. I am not going to let anything control me and I want you to do the same.

I will be posting to see how everyone is doing. Take care my friends.

Love, Queenie