It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone.

To make a long story short, I HAVE ALMOST THE EXACT SAME STORY AS YOU!!

Dad passed when I was about 16, had abusive bf for 2+ yrs, was the nerd in school, religion shoved down my throat, blah blah blah, my lameass excuses for turning into a junkie. Ya know?

I started with liquid oxycodone, that was the shit! Went to my tabs & percs. Finally escalated to smack(heroin). Mmm. Stupid drugs. I had 6 years of constant using behind me. No regrets though, I got some hardcore stories I'd never have gotten to experience if I hadn't been a junkie ya know.

My man and step daughter leaving me was my motivation to get off, but even that took four months, and my best friends suicide.

Now I'm on suboxone and living in some backroad town a square mile in its entirity just to stay clean. The suboxone, its wonderful, life saving medicine. If I hadn't combined it with moving though I'd have failed long ago. I still want to use everyday & am always trying to scheme up some elaborate scam to go out and use without getting caught and losing my now fiance (august 5 is our big day!!) Shit the troule I got into while being a junkie was half the thrill! Ya know?

So needless to say, I'd love to stay on it for as long as I felt necessary. But OOPS, haha, I'm pregnant! Just took the test today & whats that? TWO BLUE LINES? AHH NO WAY HOMES. Honestly I wanted to be, but wanted to be off suboxone first. Now you can see the conflict.. stay on sub and stay sober, or get off and have MY OWN BABY who can call me mommy for being the one who's been there (grrr) but possibly relapse hardcore.

Whatever, whats done is done and all I can do now is move forward hoping, nah fuck hope, TRYING for the best. Of course first thing I did after laying my eyes upon those two blue lines on a stick was to google pregnancy and suboxone. SO GLAD I found this website. Man it's such a blessing to find amongst all the forums of conflicting info.

Whoever this doc is, Im so sorry he had to go through this fucking horrific disease we call addiction, but ya know Im glad he did. He's helping a fuckload of people, including my fiance and I now.

I'm pretty excited to be apart of this place now. So ya, whats up everyone? Name's Coady.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey cryan, I don't think you have to choose between your recovery and having a baby. Your doctor can switch you to subutex and you can stay on it through your pregnancy. I think one of our members did it, if you search the forum you can probably find her post. She stayed on Sub and her baby was fine. No withdrawals at all.

Dr. Junig has written something about pregnancy and Sub too. I'll see if I can find it for you. I think that the medical opinion is it's better to just stay on the med than to make the fetus go through withdrawal with you.

Congrats on your pregnancy. Keep posting and let us know how things work out.

-Allie

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok, here's a link to Dr. Junig's (he's the admin here & is an MD who treats patients with Suboxone and is a recovering addict also) blog posts where he talks about pregnancy:

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/?cat=53

He says that he's had 6 patients go through pregnancy while in Sub treatment. The main problems happen around communication with the other doctors during & after delivery. He also points out some research that shows that babies born to moms on Sub have less withdrawal than those born to moms on MMT.

Hope this helps.

-Jack Kornfield