It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey everyone.. I've struggled with opiate addiction and finally got on insurance and want to get this monkey off my back.. I've done the ween before but it was too steep and really just want to be legal and get a good doctor.

So if some people could give me some recommendations on doctors in Washington State I would greatly appreciate your input.

I live in Centeral Washington, so I'm about 2-3 hours from about any place in Washington, so I'm up for suggestions!

Thanks guys! I really love this forum and will post my progress once I get inducted and all that jazz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi gubulars, it sure sounds like you're ready and happy with your decision. I think we have one or two people here from WA, but I wanted to also alert you to the suboxone doctor sites online. They are: suboxone-directory.com, naabt.org, samhsa.gov, suboxone.com. All of them have either a doctor-patient matching system or doctor locators by zip code.

Good luck and keep us posted.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah I'm definitely ready for the road to recovery.. Ive tried, but never been fully successful and I think doing it through a doctor and with a plan will definitely help my rate of success, plus having a support group and meetings help as well.. it will be a life long decision for sure.

Thing I wish there were more of was doctor reviews and how patients were treated... Too many substance abuse doctors view opiate dependent people as junkies, losers, failures and so forth and I do not need nor want to be treated like that.. It was a bad choice and like all bad choices need to be fixed.. and that's what im going to be doing, but I don't need a doctor Im playing to make me feel that way.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Central WA has NO doctors! The only doc I know of doesn't take insurance but you could always try billing it to your insurance, which is what I am going to do. There are docs you shouldn't go to but I don't want to post them on the forum either. i don't have time right now to PM but if you send me a PM to remind me I can respond more when I get home from work tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

yeah if anyone would PM me some suggestions about SUB docs in Washington State that would be great.. I need to go see one soon, hopefully this week... but we'll see.