It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I was on Washington State Medicaid which paid for a year's worth of Suboxone two weeks at a time. Well, I started sometime in March of 2009. My medical got cut the beginning of January and I had pay out of pocket for my Suboxone due to having no insurance at that time. Well, I just got my medical back the last part of January and when I went to get my Suboxone on February 1st the people at the Pharmacy said that the state only pays for one year of Suboxone and that was up on January 1st. So, needless to say I was upset. But not as much as I would have been had this been earlier in my treatment when my dosage was higher and thus more expensive. I was glad that I still had the cash from my GAU going for me and was able to afford the 46 dollars for the two week supply. (I'm no 4mgs a day which is 7 tablet, which I break in half for two weeks). I know that the lower I get in dosage the less it will cost but it still sucks that Washington Medicaid will only cover a year of Suboxone.

~Ami

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey - I live in WA also & got my sub via medicaid. Have your doctor resubmit your paperwork for a 6 month extention. It might not go through, but you never know. Mine slipped thru somehow (I think because I was at a lower dose) and I ended up being covered for 18 months.

Unless it's changed since I was on it, they shouldn't have approved your coverage for 12months anyway. They approve it for 6mos and then you apply for an extention for another 6 months. Anyway, it's worth a shot.

-Jack Kornfield