It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi!! I was going between docs for Percs.they found out about each other and neither will give me anymore scripts... I started Percs years ago for pain from endometriosis and herniated disc disease. But.as addiction goes, things got outa handand I got lost
I made my sub.doc appt and went got the rx filled ..it remains in my purse unused. I keep putting off starting... I tried to wean amd felt crappy after only 10 hours...diarrhea,cramps,skin crawls,yawning sneeze the whole nine yards.. How can I wait all those hlurs for the induction phase? I am so sick of being a slave to these blue pills from hell..... The precip withdrawls scare the.heck outta me. I feel like I was thrown into the.middle of a lake with cement shoes. Please tell me the truth .does this stuff really work. Sr put me on 8Mg 2xday.any advice would brb appreciTed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

First of all congrats on going to the Dr. to get going with the Sub. That is really the biggest hurdle, for me anyways and a lot of people in here.

My DOC was percs, vics,...whatever I had I would take. My last go I took 3 10/325 percs. I then waited about 14 hours before I started my sub. This is just my experience so please use caution. I had mild/moderate w/d and I took the strip. Within 30 seconds I was done with the w/d and literally got out of bed, took a shower and went shopping. That's how great I felt...."NORMAL"

Use the COWS method and go from there. This is a huge victory for you. Congratulations.

You can/We can do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

http://www.naabt.org/documents/COWS_ind ... _sheet.pdf

the link above, is for the 'cows scale' to measure how far into w/d you are. you shouldnt really go by how much 'time' has gone by, but instead by how bad your w/d symptoms are.

I know its scary. Its a huge change, monumental
I felt the same way. i put it off for a long time. thinking, what will I do for pain control? what am I gonna do when I cant feel relaxed EVER again??

Well, Im here to tell you, its the best thing I ever did.
my life now, almost 15 months later, is NOTHING like what it was.
NOTHING
I feel great.
Sure, it was rough at first. but the freedom you feel, is SO WORTH it.
after wasting about 8 years of my life on addiction, I found suboxone therapy, and it has absolutely saved my life.
I thought the best Id ever be (before suboxone) was a drug addict, with a job maybe.

Ive had the same job for over a year, I just bought a mobile home, and I got dentures becuz all my teeth were rotten.
THATS how much has changed in 15 months.
after EIGHT YEARS of screwing my entire life up.
so really, it all'comes together' pretty fast.
IF YOU WORK AT IT
Take a deep breath, do some reading, and take the leap.

suboxone works really well for ME, for my pain control. It was hard the first two weeks, as my body was still screaming for opiates, but after that first couple weeks, my back felt better than it has for YEARS. it feels better now than it ever did IV'ing dillaud.

So, Im trying to give you some inspiration here!!!
is it working??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

any more questions, just ask :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:48 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

i was scared too.. was on a very high dose of methadone, a long acting opiate. but, ya know what? it works! just a suggestion, not a dr, but from what i have read on here, take a smaller dose of your doc before bed and induce in the morning when you wake up sick. the good thing is that you are taking short acting opiates. better yet, read the stories in the induction section. keep us posted and good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:24 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi asia and welcome! I too was very scared about not knowing if this medicine would truly help me or not. I did not listen to the instructions that were made very clear to me about being in moderate w/d before my first visit. I guess i felt "special" or maybe it was that i just didnt trust the medicine but whatever the reason I went into the Dr office fairly high and faked being in w/d so i would get the medicine. Please do not do this! It was very unpleasant. Had I done what i was told (more than once) for my induction i'm sure my first day would have been just fine but for me it was horrible. I've always had to learn the hard way. Suboxone has worked better than I ever dreamed that it would, it was my stupidity that made day 1 horrible. I'm new here and i dont have much to share but this much i do know: Please listen to the part about being in moderate withdrawls when you take your first dose. After that its been nothing short of a miracle (for me) drug!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi, I'm also new to this forum, and new to suboxone. I started mine last Monday, you can read my post, I just updated today.

Yes, the subs worked!!! I was so scared too, afraid it wouldn't work... if you read my post, you'll see how scared I was about starting the subs. I am on day 10 now, feeling great. My DOC was norcos and hydros. I took my last pill on Sunday morning, and started the subs the next morning, so roughly 24 hours. That was plenty enough time for it to work and not throw me into a worse condition. It absolutely worked for me, I started feeling better about 10 minutes after I took my first dose. I was scared though still and didn't allow myself to take enough of the strip until the 5th day. I was only taking a small piece of the strip, every couple hours and I was nauseous, and had head aches. On the 5th day, I took a half at a time, and no more upset stomach, no more head aches. You have to see what works best for you, but I wouldn't wait any longer, I'd take the sub!

It has made my life so much better in such a short time. It works, I DO NOT crave pills at all, not even a little bit. My friend brought me back some norcos that she owed me after I started, and I got rid of them as soon as she left. I feel no need for them, and no need to hang onto them just incase. That was a great feeling for me. I'm not sick, I don't crave pills, and I feel normal. I feel GREAT! Please let us know how you're doing and when you start the sub, but don't wait any longer, you'll feel better, it'll work!

Good Luck! It's scary, I know! You'll do great though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Omg!!! U guys are the best.... Im gonna start tomorrow morning on the subs... I am so scared of the withdrawal thoigh... Would I be able to take xanax or lomoti,, or will that interfere with my pre induction phase... I want to thank you all for ur advice... I hope to come back on here free.and clear of percs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:11 am 

Yes, you can take Xanax during your withdrawal period, but I would be really cautious about taking them at the same time as suboxone. My sub doc gave me clonidine (a blood pressure med), hycosamine for stomach upset, and xanax for anxiety. I took all 3 during my withdrawal before the suboxone induction.

You can do this!!! It is an amazing feeling to go back to "normal" and not have cravings for your DOC. You'll see!

Good luck! And let us know how it went!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I DID IT!!!! After a 14 hour hellish percocet withdrawal I got the nerve up (I even had percs left just to test
myself) so I opened the film package and while doing.so tore the.strip in,half..... So of course I was sweatimg like a pig.from th
withdraw it got all over my hands and part stuck to the top of my.tongue...I put each half under each side of my tongue and

presto withdrawal GONE... IT MADE ME HIGH AS A KITE AND A JUMPY is this because.I tore it..??? Amyway.I am happy to say I on the road to recovery.... Can anyone tell me though if this high feeling goes away after.a few d
oses or is my dose too much??? As always.thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:55 pm 

The fact that you tore the strip has no bearing on how your body reacts to it. After all, it is meant to dissolve in your mouth. The high feeling should go away within a couple weeks. Many people feel a little high on the sub and a little sleepy as your body adjusts to the medication. If you're feeling good otherwise, and have no cravings for perc, I'm sure your dose is fine. A lot of people here seem to want to start on the most minimum amount that they can, but they also go through a while of not feeling well and still craving their DOC. I, personally, think it's better to start at a very therapeutic amount and taper later than to minimize your dose in the beginning. Just my opinion.

Congratulations for getting started! We'll be here to support you!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[marq=right]GREAT JOB!!!!![/marq]

you did it!!!!

yes, amy's right, we're here for you, any questions, rants, anything, just let us know. Glad your heading in the right direction!!

the 'high' feeling your talking about, I never really experienced, but many people on the forum have posted that it subsides within a few days.

good luck :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject: NO LOMOITL!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Asiablue!!!! Congratulations to you!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you! I have been reading this thread since you first posted and was hoping that you would take the leap! I am so happy that it worked out well for you. It did for me too. I am currentl on 16mg a day. That is high for some people and low for others. Try not to focus on wether or not your dose is too high or not. I agree with Amy in this department. Worry about tapering later. Much later. For now, just make sure that you aren't having any cravings.

One thing that I wanted to add, was about the lomotil. Lomotil slows down the intestinal function. Suboxone does this too, and to combine the too could cause some serious medical problems. I say this because I literally asked my doctor about this last week. Since Lomotil slows the function, to stop diarrhea, and suboxone has a side effect of doing the same thing, combined the two could cause major constipation. I was on Lomotil because my anxiety causes the whole GI mess. I haven't had any problems with anxiety since being on suboxone though. I hope it is the same for you. But please stay away from the Lomotil. You shouldn't have problems with the diarrhea anyway. At least I hope not!

Congratulations again!!!! Stay active on here and let us know how you are doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:16 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi girls.... Thanx so much for ur wisdom and support.... DAY #2... No Percs!!! Im very happy but I will say today is a lottle tougher than yesterday.... No cravings thank goodness but I woke up with the tiniest of.opiate withdrawal symptom... Runny nose, minimal cramping etc.... Is today the worst day or will I feel this wsy for a bit... Once I takw my.dose of sub im ok... High but ok... Dont mean to bitch.... Id take.this.over being snowed on percs at 450 a script... Just wondering. Ty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:01 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Asia, I just wanted to tell you that I felt that same way on day 2! I felt that way for a few days, but I think in my case, I honestly wasn't giving myself enough sub. I was trying so hard to take as little as possible, and I think I was having some withdrawl symptoms up until day 5 when I finally took a higher dose. My stomach was in knots, I had more bowel movements, I had headaches... but then when I finally took a higher dose and it leveled out a little, I felt MUCH BETTER! You probably will too once you get your dose adjusted and take what works for you.

Congratulations on starting the sub! I am on day 12 now and I've never felt better! It's a great feeling, and since we've taken that first step of starting, it's only gonna get better from here on out! I really believe that!