It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:07 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I was raised in a very conservative, christian, and loving home. My parents never fought, and always loved each other. I was the youngest of 3 children, I have 2 older sisters. My family was always the first people to arrive at Church, and the last ones to leave. I was always actively involved in my youth group, but I always felt like my youth pastor didn't like me( ironically he was a former drug addict).

My parents always raised me to believe that if you drank alcohol, you went to hell. Same with cigarettes, pot, and other drugs. I never questioned it. No one in my family drank, and they were all "christians" I myslef considered myself a christian too. I believed in God with all my heart. My family was always very wealthy, my father made 6 figures and was the VP of 3 different hospitals. My mother was a school teacher, she did it because she loved it, the pay didn't even matter.I was always spoiled and was never told "NO"

My first year in middle school, my life changed forever. My father was fired from his job. We now went from an upper middle class family of five, to 5 people living off a teachers salary. I became very depressed and angry at God. I began to gain a lot of wait and became very chubby. I was always embarrased about my weight but did nothing about it. One day I might a guy name HUNTER and he changed my life.

Hunter was also raised in a "christian" home. Him and me quickly became best friends. We did everything together. He was also the youngest of 3 kids. He had an older sister, and an older brother named Jordan

Jordan was my hero, my idol. I looked up to him sooo much. He was a few years older than us. We were all drummers at school and he was the best drummer and the coolest person I'd ever met. I admired him so much, I even started to walk and talk like him. (pathetic I know) I eventually learned he was an ATHEIST. I couldn't believe it, my hero didn't believe in God. Then I asked myself, does God really exist then.

You're probably wondering what all this has to do with drugs. Well it all started here.

One day Hunter told me that he found a bag of marijuana in Jordan's room. I was so freaked out. I almost started crying, my hero was a drug user. I was so sad, but then Hunter told me that Jordan was just holding it for a friend. I believed it and I felt so relived, I knew there was no way Jordan could smoke pot.........

*3 years later.*
By my Sophomore year in highschool I was in the drum line. Jordan was the captain, and I was the youngest snare player. I had also learned that hunter and Jordan were both HUGE potheads at this point. I didn't care, Jordan liked me and protected me from anybody who gave me shit. They offered to smoke with me a couple of times but I never did. I was also an atheist at this point (mostly because i wanted to be like jordan) One day Hunter asked me if I had any pills in my family medicine cabinet, and sure enough I did. I had about 50 hydros and gave him and jordan about 25. They loved me for it. Hunter told me to try one, which I reluctantly did. My first time I took 3, 7.5 mg Hydrocodone.....oh my god. It was like a total body orgasm. I felt sooooooooo good.

I felt so good, that I ended up taking the other 22 hydros, and then wanted to smoke pot with them. The summer before my junior year i became a pot head. I would smoke pot everyday and popped pills whenever i could. Then the strangest thing happened, I went From Sawyer Stone, a good christian boy. to Sawyer Stone, a bad boy pot head pill popper. The weirdest part was... i liked it, i liked my new reputation so I just kept going with it.

Those last 2 years in high school were amazing. Smoking pot and poppping pills, Hunter and I eventually became the captain of the drumline, we were on cloud 9......until something terrible happened. One day hunter took 17 lorazepam and was so high that he urinated all over the floor (during class) He was suspened and kicked out of the drumline.

Things were never the same after that, he started using more and more pills, and eventually his girlfriend became pregnant. She always disliked me (because she actually liked me but I didn't want to date her, so she started dating my bestfriend) After graduation, we never hung out anymore. once his daughter was born he got clean. Now he has a family and is off drugs.

After his daughter was born, I never saw him again. The person I always used to get high with had a family. So i Was left all alone. I became depressed, I had lost my bestfriend, and knew i would never get him back. the next year I was taking as many pills as i could. Speed, opiates, benzos, and i even did cocaine if i could find any.

After 3 years of being a junkie, I got into the suboxone program. I've been on it for 6 months and have no complaints. But every now and then I will think back to the days of care free drug use. When Hunter and I would stay up all night and do drugs.

Hunter is now a father and working at a restaurant.
His bother Jordan is now a part time river guide, and a full time drug dealer.

I am now a full time student, and working my way through college. I'm an education major and hope to be a teacher one day. I am no way near to being recovered form drug addiction, but still think often about how it all started, and wished I had never met Hunter Mikle....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

everyones story is different, YET the very SAME.
amazing isnt it??
I got Rx'd pills for pain, and it exploded from there. I knew the first time I took an oxycodone, I had found what I was "looking for" my whole life,

heres part of my story
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5343
and you can read more on my blog, link at the bottom of my post IF you want to!!

Congrats for changing your life.
I love the saying "rock bottom became the solid foundation to which I rebuilt my life"
that completely rings true for me. I wouldnt be the person I am today, if I never went down the path I did.
I hope it makes me a better parent, a better person, all the way around.

Keep on fighting :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sawyerstone,

What a great story! I almost felt like I was there, you have a knack for writing... have you considered writing a book with your story in it??? Anyway, thanks so much for sharing your story with us! Amber is right, our stories are all different but so much the same. I went from being a middleclass, hard working, mother of two, to a pillpopping, jobless, childless mess. In a very short year and a half.

Maybe one day I'll post my story, but for now, thanks so much for posting yours!!!!!