It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
This is the Freestyle section, part of the reason this section was added was so that we could all blow off some steam.

Learning to communicate in a clear and productive manner is a wonderful thing, but sometimes we just need to let loose a little bit.

You're right, Romeo. Freestyle=unmoderated. Got it! I forget where I am sometimes. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

While it's nice to have a freestyle section, to express our feelings freely, I find that it's still annoying when we get these
members every so often, that need ALL of the attention on them.
They have to cause a fuss, and take the focus off of all of the other people who are truly
here for recovery. I know that some people are just this way....but like I said,
it's still annoying. I've been enjoying reading every day when I wake up.
Figures someone had to come along and stir shit up again.....winning....dat u???? Ha!

Amber...we got your back. Why anyone would think that they could come along, and attack
YOU of all people, and just get off scott free....is beyond me.

Tiny dancer.... this is the freestyle section.....no moderators for the reasons you spoke of
specifically. Though I do agree that it would be nice if people could just be respectful of each other.
Unfortunately, nuisances like tndb, winningduhepic, and others, bring out this side of us....When one of
the best mods we have/had is ignorantly attacked, we tend to defend our own.
You seem like a pretty smart woman....I"m sure you know what I mean....especially since you
moderate another forum. I'm sure you've seen it all too!! LOL!! I hate to sound petty, but I don't
mind in this instance....HE STARTED IT!! ROFLMAO!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Goinstrong wrote:

Tiny dancer.... this is the freestyle section.....no moderators for the reasons you spoke of
specifically. Though I do agree that it would be nice if people could just be respectful of each other.
Unfortunately, nuisances like tndb, winningduhepic, and others, bring out this side of us....When one of
the best mods we have/had is ignorantly attacked, we tend to defend our own.
You seem like a pretty smart woman....I"m sure you know what I mean....especially since you
moderate another forum. I'm sure you've seen it all too!! LOL!! I hate to sound petty, but I don't
mind in this instance....HE STARTED IT!! ROFLMAO!!

Ha!

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen more than I needed to. I don't want to hijack this thread but let's just say this site full of addicts (myself included) is more considerate and well behaved than 400k fashion crazed ladies (and some men.) God forbid someone talks smack about their new Louis Vuitton bag.. watch out! LOL Seriously though, we've had members create a whole new forum just so they could talk about other members and mods. I've been a witness to a major lawsuit having to do with ebay scams. Yes, major drama. Which is why I like to let the small stuff roll. Only a half dozen years to figure it out.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: Rules
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tndb wrote:
If I break the rules suspend or boot me..that's what an admin/moderator does on a TRUE forum. When moderators give more input than the fourm users, it will prevent some users from weighing in on issues...especially when the moderator is always telling people that they are wrong or right! I have been on Bupe for 1.5 years and know a hell of alot about it because I do my own research! I'm giving my opinion in this "freestyle" section that is not so different than other sections cause the moderators are up and arms! Wow. Point proven

Lol this kid is funny! "Yo guys I've been on bupfor a year and a half yo so that means I know what I'm talking about at all times" Buddy if that's how things work in your head that makes me a college professor, because I was on suboxone for four almost five years till I switched to methadone for better pain management. And you talk about all this research you do than how come you can't provide a simple link to back up your posts when asked? Point Proven!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey guys!!!!

so I'd been thinking on this,, whether or not I was going to post ANYTHING at all...................

On one hand, I could be silent, and let all the WONDERFUL members,, speak for themselves.....
That's one way of dealing with it!!!! But, that's never really been "me"

and you guys obviously know me,,,

Thankyou by the way......
this is the FREESTYLE section,,,, maybe one of the ONLY reasons Im writing this post?
I know I dont "owe" anyone an explanation,,,,,,
but Im only interested in HELPING

first I want to say that if I ever do post the "wrong information"
Please let me KNOW!!!
I can't do anything about it, unless I know........
And, "Tndb" corrected me, in this thread
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=6 ... ght=#60383
I actually said
THANKYOU
I guess I got excited thinking I wouldnt have to pay $400 a month to take 16mg/suboxone a day.

My point being, I dont know when Ive ever acted like I know everything, Im the first one to admit,
I dont spell well, Im not good with grammer/puncuation or any of that stuff
(Im a construction worker afterall, not an algebra teacher)
On the other hand, I do mean well,
and Im only trying my best to help people.

My opiate addiction lead me to some really bad decisions, I did some pretty bad things to people I loved,
and these days, Im only wanting to "make up" for it ,,, is the best way to explain that.

Im not sure of any moderators "up in arms" as Tndb stated above.....
do I seem up in arms????

"love being on the computer enough to moderate the forum"
well,
actually I only signed up to do it on WEEKENDS,, as I work about 50 hours every week. so I knew I'd only have "enough time"
to commit to it, on WEEKENDS.
but thanks for asking.

I'll be the FIRST one to admit, I make mistakes,,,,
I've apologized at least twice to "Tndb" already, in the thread I pasted the link to.

After asking what it was I did, and got no answer, I just went ahead and apologized,,,,, its NOT my intention to make anyone angry.
AND,
for the "record"
this whole thread,,,,,, after me and TJ hashed it out, there on the first page,
we PM'd each other, discussed the issues at hand, like adults, both looked at things from each other's point of view,,
apologized and moved on..........

So, if anybody thinks they hit the GOLDMINE for dirt on Amber, your sadly mistaken.

there are only three active moderators right now..... and two of them have some personal things going on.
thats the only OTHER reason Im saying anything.
I can't send in another moderator very easily to "save me"

If someone does have an "issue" with me I'd love to be able to fix it. just like I tell my boss, I can't fix what I dont know is wrong.

Complaints can be filed about any moderator, WITH any moderator or administrator. (jamez and suboxdoc)

I would like to sincerely thank all of you that support me,,,,,
it's really nice to know you guys care........

Any member can PM me about anything they'd like, and I'll do my very best to help. Im definitely not the all knowing,
when it comes to suboxone,,,,,

but I do know what it's like to be ALL ALONE, trying to get out of an opiate HELL, and not have ANY clue what your doing.
I had no acess to the internet, during my induction,,,None of my family believed I was "reallly trying" this time, they were
absolutely DONE listening to MY bullshit.
I went from a fairly large dose of methadone to suboxone, (methadone/heroin/dilluadid/depending on what was around)
and it was rough, to say the least.
that's my biggest reason for sticking around here,
I've been able to help several people, if anything just make them feel they are NOT alone, and there is somebody who
cares. sometimes thats all a person needs, to change thier life.

I think I hit on everything I wanted to.
this forum recently went thru some changes, and one of the biggest ones being, there was an agreement amongst the
moderators to run a more "free" forum,
with LITTLE interference from mods.
meaning, not a bunch of warnings, rule reminders, ETC, ETC, ETC.

I hope this shows ALL MEMBERS, that's how things are now.

Members are encouraged to speak their minds, and I hope I haven't made any of you feel otherwise.

Thanks for reading,
thanks for understanding where Im coming from
and most of all, thanks for your ongoing support.

sincerely,

amber

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:19 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

No need to defend yourself Amber.

We all know you are an awesome mod who likes to help the struggling addict.

Thanks for all you do!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:18 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Bboy, the tndb person was not saying they know what they know bc of bein on bupe for 1.5 years. That was just one part that was followed by him saying he does a lot of his own research. Ill be honest, im not on either side but bboy, ur comments are quite rude considering its not anything to do with u. If ive misunderstood something i apologize

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]I agree with Orange Doll~ You never need to defend yourself here Amber. We all got your back.
Not to mention that you are one of the most helpful people I have ever gotten the pleasure of
knowing. You are a very selfless person, and anyone with two eyes and a computer, can see that
in all you say.
The extremes you go to, to help others on this forum alone, is admirable.
I'd love to meet you. I imagine you walk the talk. Too often it is easy to hide behind a screen name
as has happened in the past. But with you, it's genuine. Thanks for all you do~I know you and Rule are
kinda on your own right now, but you two are really great moderators, and we will all help you in any way
that we can.
Take Care~[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

dreamer420 wrote:
Bboy, the tndb person was not saying they know what they know bc of bein on bupe for 1.5 years. That was just one part that was followed by him saying he does a lot of his own research. Ill be honest, im not on either side but bboy, ur comments are quite rude considering its not anything to do with u. If ive misunderstood something i apologize

This is the freestyle section i dont need to sensor my post to make this kid feel like he did nothing wrong and is acting like a dumb ass. It had nothing to do with me till he attacked one of my pals on the forum who happens to be one of the nicest members here. And i disagree i think he was saying since he was on bup for such n such time he knows more than someone who hasnt been on it as long. Besides hes a big boy he can defend himself.