It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:59 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I would like to warn former users of internet pharmacies or overseas pharmacies of a scam. I received a call from 204 areas code today. Was told by a man that A package with 200 hydrocodone had been intercepted by customs and I was being charged with a felony punishable with 5 to 10 years in prison most likely.

Because i was "uncooperative" i was transferred to his superior, a very intimidating person who said that they been to my home with a warrant for my arrest and I wasn't home. I was frantic and started imagining myself in prison. I have no record and have not spent a day in jail. I was besides myself and did not know what to do.

The next thing she told me was that she did not want to see me in prison and would like to help me, (right) She said that if I would agree to pay a $2500 fine they would squelch the warrant. I asked her when this interception happened, why I had not been notified earlier etc. She became angry and told me that she was going to have me arrested. She gave me one more chance to pay the fine because she wanted to help me. I told her that I did not believe her and she got on a walkie talkie or scanner and said" pick the one at 66666 zip code up immediately. " I called local law enforcement. They sent out an officer immediately who reassured me that it was a scam. Told me to sleep well tonight. Jean

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

omg, jean! that is friggin' s.c.a.r.y.!!! i'm glad everything turned out okay in the end, and i'm glad you didn't give your credit card number! and thank you for putting this info out there. i'm still haunted by my use of internet pharmacies, i've changed my phone number, email addresses and cancelled every card i had. i still get post cards in the mail!

again, thanks for your post.

Post subject: Total scam
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:17 pm 
Yes. That was a ridiculous scam. "So, you're going to pay me $2500 or go to prison for 10 years". It's like getting an email stating you've won a lottery in Ireland, or a ton of money from a deceased relative in Italy - all you have to do is pay a $3000 processing fee and the money is yours. I don't know how those people sleep at night.

I like responding to these scams, sound really interested, start giving them some fake banking information, then tell them to F off.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

can someone tell me what is legal and what is not?? im really confused about the law and what we can get without a rx. i have been curious for a while because i lived in germany for a year 2003-04 and i did order my xannax w/o rx from an internet pharmacy they even always answered all my questions and then all of a sudden it disappeared. i have been curious ever since then. i thought i had read that it was illegal now but i know there still out there and do they closely monitor this and what kind of crime is and who enforces it??? have a great day everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hope you do not mind but I am going to forward your message to another place anonymously because this would sound very convincing to a scared recovering addict.!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If I'm not mistaken here in the states we're allowed to order non controlled substance medications from abroad with a valid prescription. I'd definately be careful though and only order from a site that requires you to actually send them the prescription, has a listed address and phone number. I'd even call them ahead of time before ordering anything just to make sure it actually seems like a legit pharmacy. Another important thing to remember: if it seems to good to be true (as far as how much the medication costs) then it probably is. There are a couple websites I believe that list legit online pharmacys google "pharmacy checker" or something of that nature. I'm all for ordering abroad though if it's a real pharmacy med prices here are just insane....basically just because they can be. I could almost understand some of the newer meds costing a bit more but how in the world is someone without insurance supposed to afford a newer med that they need for even a potentially life threatening conditions, like opiate dependance when a months prescription costs HUNDREDs of dollars. It's worth it but something has to be done or big pharma will continue raising their prices until someone steps in to stop them....because they can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thats some realy realy crazy stuff woow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I got a sure fire way of not getting bit, DON'T use them!! There may be some remote chance that there is a "legitimate" overseas Rx out there somewhere but it's really not worth the risk, to me anyway. The stuff (suboxone) may be pricey here but it's about to get a little cheaper because of generics and besides, it don't even come close to what I was shelling out before.