It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: want to use heroin again
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I took 4mg of suboxone 18 hrs ago can I use herion again ? I heard suboxone was a blocker how long does it block other opiates ??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi there,

I'm sorry you are having a hard time starting suboxone. It can be very hard when you are trying to make the switch from heroin. I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question, but I would encourage you to stick with the suboxone. You have already been through this long, I would hate to see you go backwards after suffering for so long!

I noticed you had three seperate posts going in this section all basically saying the same thing. I know you are looking for answers, but it helps if you keep them all in one post. It's much easier for our members to see your questions and give you good advice if they don't have to click on three different threads to see your comments. I deleted one of them, but I'm going to leave this one up for a bit for you to see my answer to you.

To get the maximum amount of responses, I would stick with the first thread you posted. You had already received at least one comment there. People will go back to that one if they want to answer you.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum!

Qhorsegal2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Not sure if this person is real, but I don't think asking when you can use heroin again is a good question for a RECOVERY site forum.

In my opinion, don't worry about when you can take heroin again, keep taking Suboxone. Maybe more than just 4mg to stop cravings.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Considering what Suboxone does to tolerance, I wouldn't suggest for anyone to recommend him taking heroin at any time after having a dose of Suboxone..it could turn out to be potentially lethal. Taking enough heroin to knock Suboxone off of the receptors could result in a irreversible OD, extreme sickness or even death.

Maybe a recovery site isn't the best place to ask this type of question, as these are the things we're trying to stay away from, not give people advice on how/when to use them. Maybe, if you're having withdrawals, you're not taking enough and need a higher dosage, but at all costs, I would recommend NOT doing anything with heroin, period.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just to clarify -

I certainly wasn't suggesting that the OP go back to heroin. I understand that it is a tough process to switch over, and that it's really scary starting something new. When you are in WD all you want is for it to stop, and after going through PW I can understand why they are a bit scared to try the suboxone again.

As I said earlier, I would encourage you to NOT go back on the heroin at all, but stick out the Wd and give the subs another shot. You have kind of gone through hell with the precipitated withdrawals, and it would be a shame to waste all of that effort by going backwards.

This is exactly why it is so important to go to a doctor for induction! When you buy the subs on the street you have no idea what you are getting yourself into. You don't have the benefit of understanding how the medication works. As an addict, you are going to be tempted to take the subs as soon as you are uncomfortable...and you wind up with PW.

Raudy and Jonathan are both right, this is a RECOVERY forum, and you probably won't get the answer you were looking for here. Thank you both for pointing out that my original answer was a bit too understanding of their situation. I guess in this case the gentle nudge wasn't quite enough.

For the OP, though we won't ever tell you it's a good idea to go back to heroin, we will be here for you to hopefully walk you through induction when you decide you are ready. But, I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST that you find a doctor to help you through this process so you don't have the same trouble again.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:57 pm 

I agree with Q that this is not the place for this question! We don't need to trigger a bunch of recovered heroin addicts just to help someone with a question.

I'm moving this to "Still Messing Around."

Amy