It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:01 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I got on to Subutex in order to get off methadone (down to 30 mg.), and then my plan was to taper off the sub rather quickly. I've been on Sub since Oct. 10 and I have GOT to get off of it -- I can see I like it way too much. It's much more addictive, for me, anyway, than methadone. My dr. prescribed 8 mg. a day. Sometimes I take that, though five times or so I've done more, say, 16, 12.

My question is, since I've been on it about 10 weeks, and want off of it, is it possible to detox from it using methadone as anyone addicted to, say, Vicodin or any other opiate, would go through, say, a 45 or hopefully less day detox?

If I CAN, how many milligrams of methadone to start wtih do you think would cover the vast potency of the Subutex to mask withdrawal symptoms?

Man, what a mistake, to get involved with Subutex as a curative. Not my style. I can see myself rhapsodizing about it for the rest of my life. Thank God it's so hard to get.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok i want to help you but im confused. So you finally taperd off methadone to start subutex and now you want to go back on methadone but for only 40 plus days than taper off that? Doesnt it make more sense to taper of subutex and be done with all of this instead of now having to detox from two drugs if you went back on done. One is easier than two and im sure you wanted off done for a good reason. So why put youtself through that whole process againg after already beating it and doing it once is what im getting at. By doing this all u r doing is prolonging the process. And from what i know methadone detoxing/wd is much worst.

Now if you were planning to stay on methadone for long term i get it and apologize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:48 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Bboy42287 wrote:
Ok i want to help you but im confused. So you finally taperd off methadone to start subutex and now you want to go back on methadone but for only 40 plus days than taper off that? Doesnt it make more sense to taper of subutex and be done with all of this instead of now having to detox from two drugs if you went back on done. One is easier than two and im sure you wanted off done for a good reason. So why put youtself through that whole process againg after already beating it and doing it once is what im getting at. By doing this all u r doing is prolonging the process. And from what i know methadone detoxing/wd is much worst.

Now if you were planning to stay on methadone for long term i get it and apologize.

I seem to be unable to control myself with the Sub and not able to taper because I keep either staying at the same dose or taking more. No, I don't want to stay on methadone long term. I hate how Sub makes me feel (yet I love it at the same time -- one of those addict things) and don't see how I will be able to see a taper through to the end.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You want to go on methadone so you can have the methadone clinic supervise / enforce your taper?

That's the only way this scenario makes sense to me.

If you want back on the methadone program so you can have your taper controlled by the clinic, then are you really ready to get off?